Different Styles

cherrybaby

Hey!
I'm new to belly dancing and I just recently heard their were different styles in belly dancing. Could someone please give me examples of the different types and what the main differences are?:cool:

Tiffany

tribal, tribal fusion, middle eastern, egyption,persion,turkish,carabet, and a ton more i think:think: lol but yeah all i basically know is that carabet is an american style, middle eastern is an arabic style, and tribal is a very unique style of some kind

Kiraze

Confused about Arabic style

...all i basically know is that carabet is an american style, middle eastern is an arabic style...
Nowadays I think that cabaret could describe all the westernized belly dance whether it is danced in Americas, Europe, Asia or Australia and I would rather just say that Middle Eastern dance is an umbrella term for *ALL* the dances from Middle East including folk dances that are not belly dance and because all the countries and people from Middle East (Turks, Kurds, Persian, Israeli, Berber etc) are *NOT* Arabs Middle Eastern dance or Belly dance cannot be said to be just Arabic style... I always find kinda confusing when someone talks about Arabic style: what that really is? In my ears it sounds more like something danced at Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Kuwait etc as Egyptian is Egyptian and Lebanese is Lebanese and they are very different from each others. :confused: