Drummers Vest?

Tanglefoot

Does anyone know if there is and where there is a pattern for making what is known as a drummer's vest on the internet ?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Most drummer's vests are too long for dancers - if that's what you're looking for.

Tanglefoot

Most drummer's vests are too long for dancers - if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah, one of them but shortened, where if there is a pattern available anywhere, it can be adapted. For I thought, if I make a costume, maybe that would aid in motivating me to do better where it is at the moment if I suddenly found the confidence to do what I need to do, I am stuffed as I don't have a dance costume, where most know such for us is not available off the peg.

But the basics Harem pants, kaftan shirt and short waist coat, what I see most wear.

Kashmir

Still not sure what a "drummer's vest" is - but I strongly suggest you check any costuming with your teacher before spending time or money on it - unless you are just doing it for your own interest. It is heartbreaking when a student arrives with something unsuitable for a performance - all enthusiastic and you have to say "Sorry, you cannot wear that for XYZ".

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Yeah, one of them but shortened, where if there is a pattern available anywhere, it can be adapted. For I thought, if I make a costume, maybe that would aid in motivating me to do better where it is at the moment if I suddenly found the confidence to do what I need to do, I am stuffed as I don't have a dance costume, where most know such for us is not available off the peg.

But the basics Harem pants, kaftan shirt and short waist coat, what I see most wear.

Yea, I've cut down drummer's vests on occasion - sometimes you can end up with a dance vest AND a belt by cutting off the bottom. But many drummer's vests have patterns on them that would be ruined by a cut down - so ya gots ta look at 'em before hand.

I personally don't hold with males wearing shirts, but that's just me. Follow your bliss...

Tanglefoot

Yea, I've cut down drummer's vests on occasion - sometimes you can end up with a dance vest AND a belt by cutting off the bottom. But many drummer's vests have patterns on them that would be ruined by a cut down - so ya gots ta look at 'em before hand.

I personally don't hold with males wearing shirts, but that's just me. Follow your bliss...

I don't particularly want to show the moobs off as they are not exactly moobs, where it is in class I wear a Nepalese Kurta and sometimes the longer Indian Kurti anyway, so I am used to dancing in such garments..