EMAI Art Festival Pics

Darshiva

This weekend I performed and taught at the Echuca-Moama Art Festival.

My wings ate me, and the crowd didn't understand why I didn't have a prop for my drum solo, but the organisers loved what I did & I got some nice photos, which I am sharing with you all now.

I did manage to get footage of my performances, but I'm not certain which portions I will post to youtube. This thread will be updated with them once I've decided if I want to put the whole lot up & have the wings be an object lesson or if I want a more dignified presence on youtube. ;)

Darshiva

And here are some from the workshop. There are more, better photos, but the photographer forgot to not take identifying pics of the participants so in respect of them I can't use them. Oh well, these things happen for a reason. ;)

Last edited:

LunaXJJ

I love the gold wings with the red costume! Beautiful color combo. :) You look amazing. Haven't watched the videos yet, doing so right now. :D

LunaXJJ

I loved watching the cane dance. I had only seen one prior to that, and the performer kept looking at the prop the whole time. It was so distracting to watch her watch herself. Very wonderful. :)

Amulya

Yes the gold and the red work very well.

There was a fair bit of wind wasn't there? Maybe that's why the wings wanted to eat you :D But the drum solo does just as well without wings :)

Darshiva

Amulya, I'll email you the wings performance if you promise not to forward it on to anyone. I'll show it to my students of course, when we cover the topic in class, but I'm not very happy with it.