Fantasy fusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniseteph

OK, following on from threads elsewhere I was thinking about unfeasible belly dance fusions - belly dance meets Tap anybody?
(please don't try this, it sounds appalling and the BOB's will kill me :eek: )

So what is the weirdest, funniest or most unlikely belly dance fusion you can think of? Extra points if you can find someone actually doing it on Youtube...

Aisha Azar

Fusions

Dear Group,
I just read a great one yesterday in a Sci-Fi short story..."Swing Yoga"!!!!
One that I made up years ago is "Bellydance tap on point with flaming batons".
Regards,
A'isha

Selkie

Rollerbelly! *dies laughing on floor*

I'm... not sure what could top that. I don't think even discobelly could top that. Not even breakbelly could top that. :D

Angelofdance

Kung-Fu Belly dance!

Cyber belly dance (pictue it at a rave, on alot of drugs)

Highland belly dance (HIghland dance to me is boring, and needs a spark of passion!)

Iris/aod

Moon

linebelly, squarebelly or country bellydance?

Theres actually a video of this on youtube, but I can't find it back (unless I look through all those bellydance videos again, which I'm not going to do now ;))

Aniseteph

Squarebelly!!!!!!! LOL. With a proper caller calling out the moves of course. And Rollerbelly sounds excellent - I really want to see that :D

Moon

I think I would really suck on rollerbelly ;)

In the winter that should be icebelly ofcourse. Or should we call it "Oriental Ice Dancing"?

Shanazel

And of course, there is the ever popular competitive diving belly dance known to one and all as BELLY FLOP.

Zurah

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it, but anyway, I'm proud to present: BellyHousework! (Now where did I read about some place offering a gym class consisting of cardio housework moves? Yep, that's right - pay someone to go and pretend to do their housework :confused: I was scandalized, to tell the truth.)

And how about RiverBellyDance?

da Sage

I'd love to see the "Belly Polka".

Because accordians and mustachioed partners make everything better...even belly dance!:p

Marisha25

How about BellyWaltz..and one, two three and shimmy, and one, two, three and hip drops..
Oh, and this was mentioned on the "old" forum..WarewolfBellydance. I loved the idea - hairy chest, hairy arms and especially hairy armpits are a must, extra points for howling!

Marisha25

okay, one more -NinjaBellydace! Shimmy your opponent into exhaustion, throw your ninja stars (that are also conenient for decorating your belts) at a sleazy guy making stupid comments, use your ninja sword for balancing and for getting that inapporpriately dressed hussy off the stage. Violent and exciting!

Shanazel

Dancing with goats, or Billy Dance. (Which reminds me, perhaps Ricodancer should adopt the pseudonym "Dances with Sheep" given his love for his sheeps.)

Aaeesha

On the Bellydance Live DVD, Dondi, Tityana, and Jim Boz do a *very* fun wild west type performance and it totally works. It has crazy hoe-down sounding music and everything. So, I think that we can consider country bellydance done. It was very entertaining though. I really liked it even if it was meant to be more comedy-ish.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.