Fat chance...

Madeline

Dear Teela and Sharon,
Thanks for the info. I wish now that I could remember her professional name...
I have not seen her in a long time because I don't hang out in Seattle the way I used to years ago when Hallah Moustafa and Feiruz Aram and those guys were there. Hallah and I were very close at the time and I would camp in with her for a week or two when I got bored to death here. Betty was part of the more extend group pf dancers we sometimes hung with. Teela, did you live there?
Regards,
A'isha

Isn’t Betty Bigelow part of the Shahrazad Dance Ensemble? They’re very entertaining to watch! Here’s their website: Shahrazad Dance Ensemble Home Page

Keltic_Oryantal

Mwah ha ha!

They would all have perfect memorization of the choreography?:)

Good points. Bad points: There would be no emotion in their movement or feeling, much less "essence of the dance." Not sure if they would be able to represent it's cultural aspects, or perhaps they would mimick them too perfectly. Guess perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be, eh?
(I could have sworn I posted this before! Meh, if I did, just ignore it...)

There are a couple clips of a woman bellydancing as Princess Leia from Star Wars, in case anyone hasn't seen her :eek:)
I've got to check that out. I've always wanted to create a Princess Leia costume. (The other half is deep in to Star Wars just like I am and he's been begging me to be Princess Leia for Halloween.) Hmm...I'm thinking latex. Latex done properly, though. Or perhaps leather. And if I bellydanced in it? :shok: I'd call it Bellywars and dedicate it to the forum. ;)

Bellytrek and bellywars. Hmmm...
I still don't see "Bellydance" anywhere in those titles. :D Everybody can appreciate that and still have fun! A Twi'lek would make an awesome bellywaress, don't you think? (Blue chick with the skin hair...the dancing slave in Jaba's Palace.)

Ok, that kind of got off topic and a little nerdy. :redface: Your daily scheduled shimmies will continue in 5...4...3...2...