Fifi Abdou, Egyptian Style !!! video clips

Dheisha

Aaaaah, yes, Fifi is fantastic! The first time I saw her, was her number in the pink dress on the video from Al Esmailia. Her shimmies just went on and on and on! I think I watched that video about 30 times in a row :lol:

Even the young Fifi is just fabulous and breathtaking.

However, in the beginning of the 2. clip (quiet melody) my immediate feeling was that Fifi moves too fast and harrassed to the music. What is your impression?

chryssanthi sahar

However, in the beginning of the 2. clip (quiet melody) my immediate feeling was that Fifi moves too fast and harrassed to the music. What is your impression?

Dear Simone.

I'm afraid, your feeling is not right. Fifi expresses at the beginning of the 2.clip the music of the oud perfectly. This is the Egyptian way to dance such a piece (and it is the only right way in this case, since the music is also Egyptian). What Fifi dances is best Egyptian style and she hears and expresses the music perfectly:D

Aisha Azar

Fifi

Dear Simone,
Among the Egyptians, there are dancers who approach the music very energetically and dancers who are more relaxed. If you saw Mouna dancing the same piece, she would appear to be much less frenetic than Fifi. This is because each dancer, along with interpreting the music, dances who she is as a human being. Fifi and Lucy are very busy dancers, while Mouna, Dina and Randa are less so. They are all Egyptian and they are all correctly dancing in the Egyptian style.
Regards,
A'isha

Nayila

viva la fifi

excellent clips Maria and Freya--thanks to you both.

I would like to say at this before looking at the dancing clips i had never had an inclination to look at YouTube and hadn't. So i really appreciate the clips..otherwise I may never see them!

Nayila

Nayila, We're somewhat of youtube fanatics around here!:cool: So much so Anatoliy created an easier way to post clips, feel free to post some that you like!
Yasmine