"Floorwork" - the dark side

KuteNurse

Oh my! lol At first I was going to compare it to the cable show, my great big reneck wedding...but this was just naughty!

Caroline_afifi

Ha ha ha ha :lol::lol::lol:

Come on, we dont want to take sexuality out of the dance do we???
(or is that another thread??) ;)

perhaps the context is not right?

I dont care... I thought it was very funny, I have seen worse. :D

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
:shok: Blech....

And what was up with the still photo on the left? That was kinda dumb.

lizaj

And to think all I had at my wedding was my uncle playing his accordian, a local rock band and his four drunk uncles calling everyone out for a fight!:lol:

Gia al Qamar

To call that "Floorwork" is like calling what she did "belly dancing". It was neither. It was a vulgar display no matter what the culture.

Caroline_afifi

I have never been a fan of floor work, apart from when I saw the fabulous Raksan do it in her contemporary performance.
Most of the time I wonder what we are supposed to be expressing by humping or writhing on the floor.
I dont see much of a difference. All boils down to the same thing for me.
This made me laugh at least.

I would also like to add that this is shaabi wedding and this is exactly the kind of dancing expected to be seen at this type of event. Like it or not, I]it is very much part of Egyptian belly dancing.
The dancer by the way was telling the singer not to be afraid from her.
None of it is meant to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Have you ever seen a dancer in Egypt play 'air guitar'? :lol:

I have seen it so many times, perhaps it is just the places I go :shok:

OK I am displaying my ignorance .... air guitar? what is that.

As for the wedding, Are there more men than women at such a wedding? or don't the women mind this sort of thing, LOL! I am imagining a whole bunch of Western women at such a wedding, and visualising the shocked expressions on their faces. If this is not uncommon then I assume the women would be enjoying the "bellydancer" as well. Seems I have one heck of a lot to learn! At least forewarned is forearmed ( if I ever am invited to such a wedding :lol:)
~Mosaic

Dev

Geez that's...........different... :shok:
They usually have children around the dance floor etc etc. I am not an Egyptian , neither do I know what is actually vulgar to them . But its kind of weird as it doesn’t fit with the stereotype Islamic values and laws that the government and the religious party openly try to impose in that region. Another thing, probably this also has something to do with society and class. I can not imagine this is happening in an Egyptian doctors wedding, Not that the men wouldn’t enjoy such acts , but they will not allow it to happen like that. Probably all these unusual wedding dances only occur in the lower class families. that’s my guess.

Regards

Dev

:shok: Blech....

And what was up with the still photo on the left? That was kinda dumb.

It is all about me ! "me" wedding, "me" put the video on , "me" want female attention "me" want to show how sexy me's wedding was.

Caroline_afifi

Shaabi weddings generally happen in shaabi areas and streets etc and in Fellahin areas.
Anyone can work hard to be a doctor in Egypt and it is not as particularly well paid as it is in some other countries.

Women are present and usually have a mixed reaction. Most of the time it is accepted as the norm. I have witnessed one or two raised eyebows. My mum in law who is a 'Haga' loves it when they are rude. She laughs til she cries.
I was shocked the very first time but i have got used to seeing it now.

Air guitar is when the dancer pretends to play an invisible guitar accompanied with pelvic thrusts and other innuendo.