Flyer Sizes? Design related

Amulya

Most seem to be 3 in an A4, where the A4 is on the side of course and cut in 3. Now I need to design one asap for upcoming events, but what is the standard size when designing it in Photoshop? A4 : 3 = problem!

Daimona

Most seem to be 3 in an A4, where the A4 is on the side of course and cut in 3. Now I need to design one asap for upcoming events, but what is the standard size when designing it in Photoshop? A4 : 3 = problem!

If you are using Photoshop, have you explored the Automate Picture Package?

Amulya

No, I discovered a tip about sizes somewhere on the net, using that. I don't need anything else, just to know in what size I need to design it and which format. I get them printed for free! yay!

shiradotnet

No, I discovered a tip about sizes somewhere on the net, using that. I don't need anything else, just to know in what size I need to design it and which format.

Well, decide what size piece of paper you want to use, and then tell Photoshop to use that size.

If you want to print your flyer on A4 paper, do this in Photoshop:

1. From the File menu, pick "New"
  2. On the "New" pop-up menu, look for the "Preset" box and click on that dialogue box.
  3. Select "International Paper" in the Preset dialogue box.
  4. Also on the "New" pop-up menu, look for the "Size" box, which is just below the Preset box. Click on that.
  5. Select A4 (or whatever size you want) in the Sizes box.

The other choices should be prefilled with appropriate information, but if necessary you can modify them.

Is that what you were looking for?

Amulya

If you use A4 and divide it in 3 in Photoshop you get a decimal number. So I have used sizes I found somewhere on the internet. Now I got to send it in and see if they can print that...

Amulya

That's about the size I have now. I need business cards as well, want to print them trough Officeworks. But it seems they don't have sample sizes either, *sigh*!