Forum is changing

khanjar

Ah, that's much better calm soothing green, it's why they paint the walls in loony bins green, for people like me.

And black writing on white is much better, the reverse drives my eyes batty.

But excellent work Salome and of course your team.

Salome

Administrator
I like the "light" color scheme better, but why does everything get shifted to the right?

I'm having difficulty with the ads inside the actual posts. It renders some posts nearly unreadable as the text is shoved all the way over into a narrow column. (see the attached screenshot) There should be a maximum width to them that doesn't exceed half the width of the post.

That is ridiculous! The (somewhat weird and annyong ads) that appear in the last post are only suppose to be a square not a long rectangle squishing everything into next year. I am doing a trial run with ad placement in that particular spot so I may do away with them shortly. In the meantime just refresh as you said.

Salome

Administrator
I am in love with all that purple but am on the green and I have to say the sage is really, really growing on me.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I am in love with all that purple but am on the green and I have to say the sage is really, really growing on me.

I also love the purple, but after a few hours on the computer I find it is tiring & the green is soothing & easy on the eyes:D I change the themes with my mood of the moment;)

shiradotnet

I love the purple, and think it's beautiful, but the clickable links on it are very, very low contrast and extremely difficult to read. If you could change the settings for clickable links to be high-contrast, I'd like it much better. Maybe turquoise for the not-yet-clicked links and pink for already-followed ones?

Anthea Kawakib

help I'm going blind

...trying to read on this site! This color scheme is WAY harder to see than the old one. Hope things clear up a bit!! (thought it might help people see this if I bolded my text)

gisela

Super Moderator
...trying to read on this site! This color scheme is WAY harder to see than the old one. Hope things clear up a bit!! (thought it might help people see this if I bolded my text)

Did you try the green one as well? I feel that version is closer to the old one in light/dark-ness.

Daimona

At the bottom left corner you find this button:
screenshot_colorschemes.jpg

If you want the green alternative instead of the purple, choose "Halusia2". If you want the purple, choose "Adestynia".
If you want a version that is suitable for smaller screens (phones, pads etc) you can also find this option here.

PracticalDancer

At the bottom left corner you find this button:
View attachment 9465

If you want the green alternative instead of the purple, choose "Halusia2". If you want the purple, choose "Adestynia".
If you want a version that is suitable for smaller screens (phones, pads etc) you can also find this option here.

Ahh, I like purple on costumes; but, the green is MUCH easier to read!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Ahh, I like purple on costumes; but, the green is MUCH easier to read!

This really points out how people's eyes differ. I've made no secret of the fact that dark on light is harder to read for ME - as the "light" usually means "glaring". But others have the opposite experience.

gisela

Super Moderator
One problem I had with the purple, apart from that i had to really strain my eyes to read, was that when i switched to other websites, (which were lighter) my eyes got a shock from the difference and it was quite tiring. I do still love the purple colouring and since we apparently are so different, it's brilliant to have both light and dark alternatives.

Last edited:

walladah

Hello!

I am sorry to write this, but i have problems in accessing the initial post of each thread. It is not evident even when i log in (without logging in, one cannot read the first post), sometimes i can access the first post, but in most cases i cannot - like just now.

Moreover, there are problems for logging in. I am not sure whether this is a problem of the forum in general or whether it is my own connection. I am just writing to let you know - as it is sure that this website transfer will need some time to make everything work properly.

Thank you very very much!
W.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hello!

I am sorry to write this, but i have problems in accessing the initial post of each thread. It is not evident even when i log in (without logging in, one cannot read the first post), sometimes i can access the first post, but in most cases i cannot - like just now.

Moreover, there are problems for logging in. I am not sure whether this is a problem of the forum in general or whether it is my own connection. I am just writing to let you know - as it is sure that this website transfer will need some time to make everything work properly.

W.
Try logging out completely, clear cookies then close browser. Then log in again, sometimes clearing cookies helps small problems. What browser are you using? I don't have any problems with Fire Fox or Google Chrome.
~Mosaic

khanjar

Hello!

W.

On google chrome I have the same problem with accessing the initial post before logging in despite regularly clearing browsing data to include cookies. The initial post shows who posted and when, but nothing as to what was posted except a long expanse of nothing

zahra

Love the new look! Thanks for all the work to upgrade the forum. Looks great!
Will like you on FB, and sign up for Twitter~~

Aniseteph

That is ridiculous! The (somewhat weird and annyong ads) that appear in the last post are only suppose to be a square not a long rectangle squishing everything into next year. I am doing a trial run with ad placement in that particular spot so I may do away with them shortly.

That would be lovely. I'm seeing squares now, so text is OK if a bit squished, but any YouTube embeds are going behind the ad, e.g. Amulyas post here http://bellydanceforums.net/middle-...ry-debunked-denied-derided-12.html#post221929

The dancer is behind an ad for reducing belly fat half the time. :confused:

The ad also covers the fullscreen and view on YouTube buttons. Double clicking fullscreens it, but the quality is pants on the average clip blown up that big. Going to YT from there then upsets my popup blockers, by which time I have lost patience with the whole business. :mad:

I've got used to purple though I did notice the links not standing out the other day. Off to give other colours a try!

(ooh, green IS easy on the eye)

seona

Just to say - I was logged in earlier, came back later to find the 1st post text all squished to the side, then I realised I wasn't logged in any more, it's fine now I am logged in, but happened when I wasn't!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
That would be lovely. I'm seeing squares now, so text is OK if a bit squished, but any YouTube embeds are going behind the ad, e.g. Amulyas post here http://bellydanceforums.net/middle-...ry-debunked-denied-derided-12.html#post221929

The dancer is behind an ad for reducing belly fat half the time. :confused:

The ad also covers the fullscreen and view on YouTube buttons. Double clicking fullscreens it, but the quality is pants on the average clip blown up that big. Going to YT from there then upsets my popup blockers, by which time I have lost patience with the whole business. :mad:

I've got used to purple though I did notice the links not standing out the other day. Off to give other colours a try!

(ooh, green IS easy on the eye)

Are you using fire fox? If you are try their ad killer, it may help https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ad-killer/

I don't get the ads in the posts. If you don't like it you can disable it in add ons or remove it. When I first installed it a bar was added to the bottom of the browser and annoyed me with messages to do with liking or not liking an ad, which has its merits as you can kill a lot more ads. But it works fine without having to use the bar. I still get some ads like the banner one at the very bottom of the forum but it is unobtrusive down there & no side bar ads. If you put your cursor on an ad a tiny red icon comes up & you can either kill the ad by clicking the X or pin the ad by clicking the pin on the left. If you use google chrome it doesn't work, & I'm not sure about MS explorer as I don't use that browser.
~Mosaic

Last edited:

Aniseteph

I'll ask the IT manager (husband) about ad blocking again. We used to have it on the big PC but fairly sure it's not doing anything to the big ads on the last posts.

OK I found a delightful new feature on the TPBDC thread (note extreme sarcasm) - those keyword things are appearing in posts as links, so e.g. if someone types something about pants a link appears just in case the very mention of the word makes you think "hey, you know that reminds me, I simply MUST go and find out what Amazon or some crappy comparison site has to say on the subject of pants... oh how convenient a link already!!!!" :confused:

Do you ever get one of those days where the internet seriously pisses you off? I've just been watching old clips on Pathe, and I have seen an ad for some tablet about 20 times (and I still don't know/ care which one - see advertisers how effective that is? If I did remember which one, they'd be bottom of my shopping list by now). And no I don't want a burlesque hen night or to date Arab girls or that "mature" lady looking uncomfortable in her suburban bedroom only 6 miles from you (wow, really???!!!), and will the last shops I ordered from please quit stalking me because I just bought stuff so I know where you are if I need you and all you are doing is being annoying. Annoying customers is a Bad Thing.

So

YES PLEASE I WILL BE HAPPY TO PAY A SMALL FEE TO HAVE A FORUM EXPERIENCE THAT IS AN OASIS OF AD-FREE PEACE AND QUIET. Because it is getting really tiresome. Sorry for the shouting. [/rant]