Free music editor

Ranya

Hi everyone,
as I mentioned in another thread I will be dancing at a wedding next saturday. I would like to make an entrance accompanied by the traditionnal "zaffa" rhythm. The problem is that the only track I have lasts for 4minutes which is way tooooooo long because it is a repeating pattern. I wanted only a minute or so....I would need to edit the song and then burn it on the CD I will be using, because I do not trust the owner of the restaurant (though he is very nice) to stop the track on time.
I know there are free full versions (not demos or try-outs) of music editors to download (legally) on the internet but I am not able to find any by myself. Does anyone of you know where to find one? Can you please post a link?

THANK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Amulya

There is Audacity, I have that. Not sure if you can get free trial versions. It's quite easy to use, so I'd recommend that one. But maybe there are better ones.

Speaking of music programs, I also have Total Recorder, but that only records in MP3 so you loose quality when you burn it on CD. I wonder if there are better programs out there.