Goddess of the Dance

Reen.Blom

BRING OUT THAT DAMN BOOK MICHAEL!

I will buy one myself! I really dont care what on earth you write there, or what captions you make, as long as a pictures are BIG and BRIGHT as they are on the screen! And yes, why not sell posters(I think I am repeating myself again and again).

As for publishing.... Where is a will there is a way? Or Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

PS where is your website? or is it only the gallery? Would be nice to read about the pix;)

Last edited:
BRING OUT THAT DAMN BOOK MICHAEL!

I will buy one myself! I really dont care what on earth you write there, or what captions you make, as long as a pictures are BIG and BRIGHT as they are on the screen! And yes, why not sell posters(I think I am repeating myself again and again).

As for publishing.... Where is a will there is a way? Or Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

PS where is your website? or is it only the gallery? Would be nice to read about the pix;)

OUT OUT DAMN BOOK
Yes good old Hannibal....
or Nill Illigitimi Carborundum
see web site... needs updating...
Michael Campbell PhotoGraphics

Last edited:
i missed this conversation!! i think you are a real artist!! michael you make very beautiful pics....i hope you will be taking pics and show them to the world for many years to come,...and great if you can pick another name,the goddess thing is not much liked as you well know by now lol....but please show us more and more you have so many nice idea,s ,,bravo,, thank you for sharing your work with us,have a nice pictures day!! Lydia

Alex and his grandfather

Last edited:
Don't you DARE leave!!!!! I want to see more of these amazing photos!!

I've seen the ones of Meera. Actually I kept one of her postcards because I was so impressed with the photos. You rock!!

HEY------------ IDEA!!!!!!

Have you ever thought about making these available online as poster prints? I'd LOVE to have some of these for my studio. I'm tired of the generic "belly" or "belly with snake" pictures.

You can't just throw us this amazing jewel and then take it away. Let us play with it!!!! I want to see more mythic images!! I'll buy the book!

Seriously, you can't just send emails to publishers and expect a response. You need a rep or an agent. You do what you have to do, but I honestly think you could make this work.

If you don't want to invest the energy and time in getting a rep, how about something like this, going this route:
Amazon.com: Digital Text Platform: Sign In
Sure I can print posters 24x36 or smaller. let me know mcc@michaelcampbell.com

I personally feel that if Michael wants to use the name Goddess of the Dance, and the Goddess-inspired theme, that is perfectly fine. He's an artist, with an artistic vision...not a bellydancer or history author.

The pictures are gorgeous, and having them out there in book form will only promote bellydance. I'm not sure who usually buys coffee-table books, but I might buy this one just to drool over the costumes. I think Michael should continue with the project, as it has real commercial potential (IMO).

Why deny beauty to the world, just because our community disagrees about the Goddess thing?

WELL ITS MOOT... ONLY THE NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED ...TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT.

Aniseteph

I read these images as fantasy/theme images - goddess as iconic beautiful woman rather than being anything to do with the bellydancing temple priestess find your inner goddess type thing. I wouldn't have thought it would be their sort of thing anyway, for the most part.

Surely Pinner is closer to Egypt than the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas? :lol: :)think: probably in more ways than just distance...)

I read these images as fantasy/theme images - goddess as iconic beautiful woman rather than being anything to do with the bellydancing temple priestess find your inner goddess type thing. I wouldn't have thought it would be their sort of thing anyway, for the most part.

Surely Pinner is closer to Egypt than the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas? :lol: :)think: probably in more ways than just distance...)

Yes I can drive to Las Vegas in 5 hours. Elton John went to Reddiford

However I moved to Salisbury

Last edited:
I personally feel that if Michael wants to use the name Goddess of the Dance, and the Goddess-inspired theme, that is perfectly fine. He's an artist, with an artistic vision...not a bellydancer or history author.

The pictures are gorgeous, and having them out there in book form will only promote bellydance. I'm not sure who usually buys coffee-table books, but I might buy this one just to drool over the costumes. I think Michael should continue with the project, as it has real commercial potential (IMO).

Why deny beauty to the world, just because our community disagrees about the Goddess thing?

Am I allowed to do Fairies? What about Mermaids..

Last edited:

Ariella

Have you ever thought about making these available online as poster prints? I'd LOVE to have some of these for my studio. I'm tired of the generic "belly" or "belly with snake" pictures.
Michael,
I'm with Aziyade on this one. Most belly dance posters are pretty boring, and mostly the same(girl with snake inside temple, right hip with coin scarf, dancer with veil in front of pyramid with bad photoshopping...). Although your pictures are clearly fantasy, they're pretty!

Also, are you using Adobe Photoshop to edit these pictures? If so, I'm very envious of your skill.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Well, one thing about it, babe, you got buzz. Seventy some odd posts in two days generating both adulation and thrown stones is not to be sneered at. I am interested in posters, by the way. Have I somehow missed how to order them?

Actually the Campbell's were from the original British race and were in Scotland centuries before the MacDonalds.Actually the Campbell's were from the original British race and were in Scotland centuries before the MacDonalds.

As a lovely gentleman in Connemara said to me upon discovering my ties to Ireland included both Irish and Scots Irish: "Ah, what does it matter? They're all Celts."

Well I used to have a LOT of maps, I really like maps actually. I made a geological map of iona.

My husband was working on a map of the St. Helens quadrant in Oregon when the mountain erupted back in the early eighties, blowing away a good portion of his subject area a few days before the map was due to be finished. He cut a cloud out of paper, colored it brown, placed it over the map and labeled it, "Quaternary volcanics, undeposited" and mailed it off.

Last edited:
Michael,
I'm with Aziyade on this one. Most belly dance posters are pretty boring, and mostly the same(girl with snake inside temple, right hip with coin scarf, dancer with veil in front of pyramid with bad photoshopping...). Although your pictures are clearly fantasy, they're pretty!

Also, are you using Adobe Photoshop to edit these pictures? If so, I'm very envious of your skill.

Thanks for kind comments, I don't like boring if I can help it. Yes I first got Photoshop 2.0 in 1992 at MacWorld on two floppy disks I also use Bryce and Painter.

Shanazel

A fifth of a million views and you think the book is dead in the water. Right.

Okay, time for Shanazel to demonstrate her lack of worldly sophistication: I have heard of paypal but haven't a clue in the world what is involved in buying something via paypal. Are all the pictures available as posters or just some?

Note to Other Dance Stuff moderator: I may have dragged this topic firmly into the realm of marketing. Sorry.

A fifth of a million views and you think the book is dead in the water. Right.

Okay, time for Shanazel to demonstrate her lack of worldly sophistication: I have heard of paypal but haven't a clue in the world what is involved in buying something via paypal. Are all the pictures available as posters or just some?

Note to Other Dance Stuff moderator: I may have dragged this topic firmly into the realm of marketing. Sorry.

you can email me for info

Last edited: