Good-bye, costume collection

Shanazel

Since I was at my grandson's gymnastics class, I dropped by the belly dance class to say hello. Someone immediately asked if I was dancing with them this semester. "No way, I am retired," was an immediate and heartfelt response. Some discord has taken place in my absence due to unrestrained personalities and I don't want to deal with it. It's really too bad because it was generally a happy coherent group over the years and I have very good memories that I don't want to spoil with present day maneuverings.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I just received word that my 1st teacher has closed her studio and is, at least, "taking a break". "After 47 years, I'm burnt out and need a break", she told me.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
She says that she'll "probably always teach, just not as much." Thinking about having her out here to Florida...

Greek Bonfire

Since I was at my grandson's gymnastics class, I dropped by the belly dance class to say hello. Someone immediately asked if I was dancing with them this semester. "No way, I am retired," was an immediate and heartfelt response. Some discord has taken place in my absence due to unrestrained personalities and I don't want to deal with it. It's really too bad because it was generally a happy coherent group over the years and I have very good memories that I don't want to spoil with present day maneuverings.

I find that a lot of this type of discord ruins everything and takes all the fun out of it. Because some of these discords are mafia type tactics.

Shanazel

I dearly hope the class will work things out and return to harmony. These are good people, even the problem children in their own ways, and I'd like them all to be happy and productive.

Amulya

Where ever people are passionate about something, these things happen. It’s sad though. Hope they resolve it

Shanazel

The present teacher is a good, compassionate, competent person and I have faith that she will handle it beautifully.

Daimona

I've been contacted by a friend who's looking for a new (old) costume and she wanted me to send some pictures.

Dang, I didn't remember I had that many hidden away :rolleyes: I'm not even half way through the boxes and closets...

Shanazel

I know exactly what you mean. A year and some months after I sold what I thought was my entire stash, I've turned up a box filled with veils and odds and ends that somehow got missed.

Daimona

And one more costume sold - a midnight blue beauty with decorations in silver and cobalt blue! :dance:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Pretty much! Although I'd have to modify it 'cause I don't have the requisite anatomy for it as is!