Good Costume Websites?

AyaKara

I'm not buying one any time soon, but I would love to just scroll through them & look through beautiful creations. & of course, I can keep the websites for future reference :lol:

What are good websites for BD costuming & accessories? Thank you! :D

I suggest that a mod stickies a thread with that information as well as links to people that do customs & links to places to buy costume-making materials & costume-making tutorials as well so that everyone can have these resources :)

Darshiva

Aya, have you tried looking through the marketplace? There are a lot of good sellers there. Also, taste is personal (which a short browse through the TPBDC thread will tell you) so it's a lot harder to come up with a definitive list of "good" sellers. Even if you are looking for quality sellers instead, some would list cheap, others would list hand-made, others would list number of sequins. The list goes on.

Better to make your own list by looking at websites mentioned in threads & bookmarking the ones you like yourself. That way you have a definitive list that you agree with!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Dahlal - Costumes - Costumes By Designer - Oriental Originals - Dahlal Internationale Store ,

bellydancestore - Belly Dance Costumes | Belly Dance Store.com: Designer Egyptian Costumes at Affordable Prices

Sharifwear - BellyDance Clothing and Belly Dance Costumes |  Sharifwear

Isis Exchange - Belly Dance Costumes | Skrts & Veils | belly dance Hip Scarf

L Rose designs - Welcome to L. Rose Designs

Search ebay - lots of different stores for costume pieces & accessories

Google the particular accessories you are interested in & you should find quite a few

The above online stores are those I know of the bellydancestore being my favourite.
~Mosaic

AyaKara

Darshiva, by 'good' sellers, I meant reliable :D I've been saving bookmarks actually from the TPBDC thread, mind reader! :lol:

Thank you Mosaic! :D

Like I said, I'm not buying anything yet, but it will be fun to look at & to keep for the future. Thank you guys! :)

Darshiva

That's exactly my point, Aya. I thought you meant pretty & cheap. So if you'd gone off my recommendations you would have been pretty disappointed. Especially since I have a very unusual definition of the word 'pretty'! ;)

shiradotnet

I interpreted your original post to be a request for sites that sell costumes that you could browse through and "window shop". And I see you've gotten some pretty good responses to that request.

Just in case you're interested in also reading advice articles about costuming, you can find a lot of those on my web site. These include how-to's, ethnic lore, book reviews, and lots more:

Index to Articles About Belly Dance Costumes on Shira.net (Site Map)

AyaKara

Shira! :clap: I've actually read a lot of the pages on your website in regards to costuming & plan on using that as a big resource in the future :redface: I won't start making costumes for another year or two but I definitely had you & the other web tutorials in mind! :pray: thank you so much!

Darshiva, judging by your avatar, it seems like you have a definition of pretty costuming that resonates well with mine :D

Farasha Hanem

Although I do buy from eBay and Etsy, some of my most-loved costumes I've bought second-hand from my dear dance sisters here in the Marketplace. <3

Darshiva

Shira! :clap: I've actually read a lot of the pages on your website in regards to costuming & plan on using that as a big resource in the future :redface: I won't start making costumes for another year or two but I definitely had you & the other web tutorials in mind! :pray: thank you so much!

Darshiva, judging by your avatar, it seems like you have a definition of pretty costuming that resonates well with mine :D

My photographer chose everything I wore in that shoot, I just made it look pretty. :p Seriously though, all sorts of things went into that shoot like cut-off lace curtains & a puff-painted headband. They aren't necessarily choices I would make for myself, no matter how pleased I am with the results. For one thing, I wear white under protest! (and only ever mixed with bright colours if possible)

AndreaSTL

The link to my site is below in my signature. I do have some things that aren't online, so if/when you're looking for something specific you can PM or e-mail me.