Greeting from London, UK

L42yB

Hi everyone,

I'm not a belly dancer myself, but I've become a fan since my girlfriend and a few of her close friends took it up a few years ago. While I'm not much use when getting "technical" about belly dancing (my gf is constantly using terms I don't know, making me understand what it must be like for her when I go on about computers), I'm always happy to provide a plebeian perspective ;)

I've shared one of her most recent solos in the "online videos" section and it would be great to get any feedback from you guys.

Hope that's OK :)

I'm trying to coax her into joining the forum herself, I think she would really like it here.

khanjar

Then encourage her to join, the more the merrier but at least to keep you in check:lol::naghty:

This is a good BD website, better in many respects than many others, here it can get fraught, but hey that is life and the internet and what cannot be communicated face to face. But on the whole this place is an island of calm and knowledge and that I believe is because of the large female presence. I keep coming back.

But welcome you and my apologies if you feel we have locked horns already, but if you are here long, you will understand it is my way sometimes....

L42yB

Then encourage her to join, the more the merrier but at least to keep you in check:lol::naghty:

:)

She signed up earlier this evening and is waiting for her account to be approved, so she will be along soon.

But welcome you and my apologies if you feel we have locked horns already, but if you are here long, you will understand it is my way sometimes....

I'm a regular on many forums so you don't need to worry about me :cool: I like to be challenged. I speak my mind freely, and I expect the same from others. This is the internetz after all ;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. I'm sure you too will learn a little more about our dance here. As Khanjar said this is a great forum & I personally probably spend more time here than I should;) Glad to hear the GF has also decided to join. All approvals are done so we'll be happy to welcome her on board as well:D
~Mosaic

bellykrol

Hi!

Hello!

My bf (L42yB) sent me the link to this forum and it looks cool so here I am :)

I'm not much of a forum person usually, but belly dancing leads me to all sorts of new places all the time! :dance:

I'm impressed that you've managed to get him interested in male belly dancing - I have not been successful yet myself so perhaps a male perspective on this was just the ticket...

Anyway, looking forward to having some interesting chats about belly dancing here.

khanjar

Your boyfriend is very lucky he has someone who is so encouraging of him to belly dance, as many males go out there on their own to learn this stuff and I can tell you it is not without it's problems, problems that make many a male drift off and I nearly have myself on a few occasions. A couple doing this stuff, well I for one see more acceptance from some of the more hard line dinosaurs that are still out there in the poor old UK.

But welcome.