grrrr!

*elly belly*

I am so upset right now! I am taking belly dance twice a week, i started these other classes in another place last november, and learned their coreography in time to join their preformance dec. 2, im in the beginner class because i always do that when i join a new belly dance place, just to learn their style you know? well anyhoo, theres a girl my age there *15* and i was all happy about dancing with someone my age and being friends and all that jazz when ive discovered she just thinks im competition! shes doing absolutley everything to bring me down including saying untrue things about my to the teacher, becoming a teachers pet, and actually coming over to me in the middle of the class to critique me! If i was perfect I wouldnt be in the class duh! well now from being a teachers pet shes joined intermediate so im left alone *yesss* but i almost joined it, and it didnt work out with my schedule so i just stayed in the beginner. when she found out she says, "thats best you really dont know what your doing etc etc" in s real *itchy tone(excuse my french) and then she goes on saying shes going to audition for this show and i said i might too and she says "well, maybe you should get more experience first" shes been dancing less than i have! and i dont think im that bad! my moms a dancer and she finds me amazing! so does my old bd teacher! so im going to wow all their socks off this end of year preformance! im going to come up with the best dance everrrrrr! and i mean it!

Last edited:
That sounds awful, I think the best thing you can possibly do is to IGNORE this jealous girl, it seems she is extremely threatened by you.. do YOUR very best at dance, try your best to ignore her and theres nothing she can do to bring you down, dont acknowledge her at all, just be all about yourself... i hope it works out for you.....

Farasha Hanem

hang in there

*hugs you* Ravenhairedbellydancer is right; do your best to ignore the girl. She's (the jealous girl, that is) the one with the problem; not you. Of course, sometimes it's easier said than done, isn't it? Just remember a very old truth: "what comes around, goes around." If she's in the habit of treating others the way she treats you, it will come back to bite her someday. Learn from her (in other words, don't make her mistakes when it comes to relating to others), and always treat others the way you want to be treated, both in the bellydance world, and outside of it. :)

By remembering how it feels to be treated in this way (but not allow yourself to be knocked down by it), you can take this bad experience and be a source of encouragement to other newbie bellydancers. You sound like a wonderful young lady with a good head on your shoulders;who knows? Maybe someday, you'll be a bellydance teacher, yourself. In the meantime, keep practicing and perfecting your art. Your teacher will bound to notice that what the other girl said about you is untrue. And always remember, you have us! We're here for you. :D

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Hey Elly Belly,

There are many people out there that feel like another person's beauty, success, talent etc. diminishes their own. When in fact it does not. This attitude is by no means limited to young ladies. Adults play into this mindset. I say good for you - you are taking the situation and turning it into inspiration to be your best.

*elly belly*

thanks!!! <3 <3 <3

Thanks so much guys, im so happy theres some people here for me to go to with my problems! i just dont like it that she wants to be so mean to me :confused: i know it may be for the wrong reasens wanting to make a fab dance but i really feel like a have to show what i can do, im practicing every day and i hope i can become a dance teacher some day :D i noticed at the preformance everyone had the same bouncy style, not that its bad or anything but i want to do something really elegant so im incorporating some ballet moves with the dance, if it goes all right ill post it here this may :) thanks so much guys you REALLY cheered me up:D:D:D

Ecuabellydancer

Just remember a very old truth: "what comes around, goes around."
I really, really hope this is true!!! A certain someone went to city hall and filed a complaint saying my new dance school is a front for "traffiking of women"... right on the school´s opening day. Just check out a certain spanglish thread on this forum, and get your own conclusions on who it was :rolleyes:

I can´t get into many details, but there´s no way to take legal action, so I just hope all the evil and harassment coming out of this person, goes back to her :mad:

So please forgive me if I have been using that spanglish thread to vent a little bit and try to make this person swallow back some of her poison.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

I really, really hope this is true!!! A certain someone went to city hall and filed a complaint saying my new dance school is a front for "women traffiking"... on the school´s opening day. Just check out a certain spanglish thread on this forum, and get your own conclusions on who it was :rolleyes:

I can´t get into many details, but there´s no way to take legal action, so I just hope all the evil and harassment coming out of this person, goes back to her :mad:

So please forgive me if I have been using that spanglish thread to vent a little bit and try to make this person swallow back some of her poison.
It will, Ecuabellydancer. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, whoever is harrassing you will get back some of her own poison, and regret what she did/is doing to you. In the meantime, don't repay her with your own venom (although I doubt very, very seriously that you're that kind of person anyway; you don't seem to be from your posts). There is a verse in the book of Proverbs in the Bible that talks about repaying evil with kindness; that way, your enemies won't have anything bad to say about you. If they do try to say something against you, your kind actions will negate any lies they try to spread.

Being kind to someone who is treating you badly is very difficult to do, but by not lowering yourself to their level shows others the true nature of the people who are causing you problems. In this way, their own actions comes right back to them, and people won't trust them because of their lies.

My grandmother taught me that you can take the bad times in life, and go down one of two possible roads: you can let the hard times make you bitter and angry, or you can learn lessons from them, and let it make you a stronger person. Who knows? Maybe later in life, you'll see someone else go through a similar situation. You will have the strength and the knowledge to help that person make it through their difficulties.

*Elly Belly* and Ecuabellydancer, I hope with all my heart that the both of you can work out the difficulties with the people in your lives who are giving you problems; if not, they will suffer for their actions someday. Just continue to be the strong, wonderful, kind young women that you are already. Best wishes to both of you, and you know we are all here for you. :) *hugs*