Hadia

Habiba

I am mid-way through Hadia's Oriental Belly Dance System. I'm absolutely loving it! It's a very thorough DVD and systematic (which I like). However, once I'm comfortable with the technique and two choreos, I'm wondering if I should also invest in her Raks Sharki Instructional Series. Has anyone used them before and would you recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Habiba

teela

Ok. Her series of 6 DVD's is broken down as follows.
volume 1 has a warm-up and then teaches movements with the Beledi rhythm.
Volume 2 the first half is dancing to the chiftitelli rhythm while the second part teaches cane.
Volume 3 focuses on rhythms with moves.
Volume 4 is a choreography to Moktar el Said's music
Volume 5 has three choreographies
Volume 6 is tunisian
She has some other choreographies.
Hope this helps a bit.

Habiba

Thank you Teela for posting the information :) However, I am keen to know of anyone who may have bought and used the DVD series as I want to know if I should get it after I finish with the Oriental Dance System.

Anyone?

teela

I have used the first three of her DVD's and and have all 6. I have just not gotten into learning the choreographies. I like her DVD's. For instance, her volume 2 shows moves you can do to chiftitelli both slow and the faster arabic one. Volume 3 is nice as it shows how to do certain moves to certain rhythm so if you get stuck, you can use those. I don't always know what would go with certain rhythms. As with any DVD's, it is up to you and if you want them. I do like her style and she is a fun person to take workshops with. I've had my set for like 10 years.

Habiba

Thank you!!

Thank you Teela. You've convinced me to purchase! I've just been so impressed by Oriental Belly Dance System so I'm eager to get more from Hadia.

:)

inesko

Ok. Her series of 6 DVD's is broken down as follows.
volume 1 has a warm-up and then teaches movements with the Beledi rhythm.
Volume 2 the first half is dancing to the chiftitelli rhythm while the second part teaches cane.
Volume 3 focuses on rhythms with moves.
Volume 4 is a choreography to Moktar el Said's music
Volume 5 has three choreographies
Volume 6 is tunisian
She has some other choreographies.
Hope this helps a bit.

Would you like to sell please, if you own them?

Greek Bonfire

Hadia's instruction on just about any dance topic is excellent. She also teaches you how to do the moves easily. I notice, and she also stated, that many moves are difficult and done with difficulty when it's not necessary to do them the hard way, and she always shows the easier way to do a move, yet it looks the same. She is certified in physical therapy and all her teaching is very safe for your body. Her workshop was one of the most enlightening that I have ever attended.