Happy Easter!

Mosaic

Super Moderator

I keep forgetting it's Easter, all the kids we use to buy eggs for have all grown up and are off doing their own things, so Easter just slips by - we are not big egg fans anyway.

Pretty egg Anala, my grandmother use to make hard icing eggs and decorate them, she'd put a fluffy chick inside each one as well. They were a highlight for myself & brothers when we were little kids. You don't see that type of thing anymore.
~Mosaic

PracticalDancer

I keep forgetting it's Easter, all the kids we use to buy eggs for have all grown up and are off doing their own things, so Easter just slips by - we are not big egg fans anyway.

Pretty egg Anala, my grandmother use to make hard icing eggs and decorate them, she'd put a fluffy chick inside each one as well. They were a highlight for myself & brothers when we were little kids. You don't see that type of thing anymore.
~Mosaic
I had one of those as a kid! I remember it was an egg molded out of sugar, so it sparkled. There was an opening on the pointy end of the egg, decorated with very hard icing, and then a scene inside also made out of sweet stuff.

Alas, my parents did not give me a lot of sweets as a kid. So, when I would get a hankering for sugar, I would find the egg (where ever they had last hidden it), and try to break off or lick pieces they wouldn't notice.

They always noticed! :lol:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Your sugar egg sounds similar, to the ones we had. We also didn't get many sugary things, so the easter egg and some sweets at Christmas or on our birthdays were a big cherished treat:D My Grandmother decorated my egg with pink & lemon roses, greenleaves and lacey swirls and my brothers with wavy patterns in 'boy' colours & either a sugar rabbit or a chicken. We were allowed to keep our eggs, but had to make them last a while, no gobbling all day LOL!

It's funny how parents know when something is amiss - seems to be a knowing that comes to one when you are a parent;) :lol: My kids when little always wondered how I knew they'd nipped a bit of something - they have that secret now:lol:
~Mosaic