Hello Everyone

raggydoll

Hello Everyone
I joined ages ago but as i was only just learning to use a computer i didnt get very far. I was a ballet dancer but then had a child so didnt go back. Spent 19 years working in Cabaret but then discovered Belly Dance and loved it. I did several courses at my local college.
In Feb 2010 i had an accident at work that finished my already quite dodgy base of spine, massive disc problems! On Dec 3rd i had major Spinal surgery and am now on the road to recovery, minimum of 6 months. Had my first Phisio last Wed and when asked my goals said, i want to go back to work and to perform more Belly Dance, she said i will be dancing sooner rather then later, i am so happy, i miss being able to dance. The last time i actually danced was on Jan 30th 2010 i did a Charleston and a Belly Dance number.
I would love to know if there is anyone in the Warwickshire area doing any workshops and where i can get proper belly dance Bra tops Raggs xx:dance:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Sorry to hear you have been in an accident, but great to know you are on a fast track to recovery, good news indeed.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Hi, raggydoll, welcome to the forum; glad that you're doing better and dancing again! :dance:

I'm from the US, so I don't know of any costume suppliers/makers in your area, but as you get more familiar with the internet, you can find a treasure trove of costumes and accessories online. :)

raggydoll

Hello

Thank you for your kind message, im not really dancing yet but definately getting better. I feel like a big Brown Bear hibernating for the Winter. Its the best time to be ill. Raggs xx:)

cjcronin

Got some rags for you

Hi Raggs,

I'm a lower-back sufferer from way back. As I write I am sitting with a hot water bottle on the base of my spine. I'm 57 now so figure maybe I should get the surgery now instead of later. Sometimes when my back goes I really can't even get out of bed.

At the place where I work though we have quite a few girls who belly dance and we put on some music and practice during the lunch hour every other day. It has an amazingly beneficial effect on me and I think is keeping me out of the hospital.

If you want a hand with costumes etc., do please give me a yell, we deliver all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

raggydoll

Hi Raggs,

I'm a lower-back sufferer from way back. As I write I am sitting with a hot water bottle on the base of my spine. I'm 57 now so figure maybe I should get the surgery now instead of later. Sometimes when my back goes I really can't even get out of bed.

At the place where I work though we have quite a few girls who belly dance and we put on some music and practice during the lunch hour every other day. It has an amazingly beneficial effect on me and I think is keeping me out of the hospital.

If you want a hand with costumes etc., do please give me a yell, we deliver all over the world.

Henry G

"]
Hi There
Thanks so much for your lovely message, im sorry that i have not answered quickly but im not supposed to sit at the computer yet. The surgery that i had was Major Spinal Fusion and there is a minimum of 6 months recovery time. I am the same age as you and had exactly the same symptoms.I was a professional ballet dancer and also worked in Cabaret, i only took up belly dance a few years ago, i did three courses at my local college. I have been told that if i do as im told i will be able to dance again soon. The pain eases with every day that passes. Raggs xx

Last edited by a moderator: