Hello from Australia

DancerAU

:) G'Day. My name is Kathy. I have just begun belly dancing classes. Had my first lesson last Thursday night.

My nextdoor neighbour asked me a year ago if I wanted to join her to begin classes and I said "No thanks. Too busy". I didn't have the heart to tell her belly dancing wasn't for me because I am overweight and didn't want to make a fool out of myself. But after watching a small peformance at her 40th birthday party recently I thought to myself, "Gee that looks fun." I still didn't say anything, too embarrassed to ask about signing up. But then just last weekend at her husband's birthday party which was just a small gathering for a BBQ lunch her husband asked her to do a dance. She didn't hesitate and then my mother in law told her that I want to join. So my neighbour said, "I'll come with you. Watch my class and I'll stay with you for the beginner class." I couldn't believe how much fun I had and as I should have expected, nobody was directing laughing at me. I regret not starting with my neighbour. She's now in intermediate but I am already looking forward to next thursday.

Nice to meet you all.
Cheers
K.

Moon

Welcome Kathy :)
Good of you you started dancing, it's for all shapes and sizes and so much fun!

DancerAU

Thank you. I can't wait to get started. You probably won't see to many posts from me for a while because in the other forums you all seem to know what you're talking about but I don't:confused: So I'll just keep on reading until I become more familiar with the "language' you people speak :D

desertdaughter

Hi Kathy,
hello and nice to hear that you finally decided to give it a go. I daresay that you won't regret it :)
Where abouts in AU are you located? I am in Brisbane...
Happy dancing :)

Amulya

Thank you. I can't wait to get started. You probably won't see to many posts from me for a while because in the other forums you all seem to know what you're talking about but I don't:confused: So I'll just keep on reading until I become more familiar with the "language' you people speak :D

Don't worry, you will soon understand it all :) . And if you don't you just ask! That's what a forum is for :)

gwinity

Welcome Kathy!

Whereabouts in Australia are you? We seem to have a great representation of Aussies from all round the country here!

(And don't worry - there are a lot of us beginners here too, and the more experienced, knowledgable ones are always willing to help!)