Hobbies?

Salome

Administrator
I LOVE watching movies, is that a hobby? Tee hee hee... Love to read. I'm trying my hand at some gardening - the jury is out, not sure if that is going to develop into a hobby yet. That's about all I have time for!

Recnadocir

Recnadocir, we have a rather naughty saying in my part of the world: This is Wyoming, where men are men, and sheep are nervous.

Any Scrabble players out there?
Shanazel, my sheeps are quite relaxed around me. It could be the Rohipnol I put in their foddir, I dunno.

Izdihar

Hmmm....

Besides bellydancing? The Sims2, when I have time! Man, that game is addicting. I created a Sim that looks so much like my husband, it's freakish. He even takes out the trash without my having to nag.
Long walks are fun, and they help me to work off the strawberry shortcake, my weakness. If I didn't walk, I'd be as big as a house. Seriously. I love food, but fortunately lots of walking and bellydancing keeps the consequences of a big appetite at bay. I love books, and the category doesn't really matter. If it has a good plot-line and well-developed characters, I'll read it. I've read everything from "Anna Karenina" to "Scary Stories to tell in the Dark" (I have a ten-year-old).
I'm also a grassroots political activist. Miraculously, I have perfect blood-pressure.

Izdihar

I had many hobbies before I total fall in love with oriental dance lol
Now I do them only occationly but still love them.
So:
Painting (my university studies are restoring ancient greek art), reading, music, going to conserts, going to museums, photograph (and bellydancers), interior decoration (2 years uni studies), BACKGAMMON (eternal love) phewwww

Some of my hobbies in photos:
The third is me at age 14 with my grandfather's portrait:D

Love those pics!

Shanazel

Weird - I just posted this as a reply to Shanazel's last post, and it wound up here. And I just reread that last line, and realized it could be interpreted in more ways than one... :p he he... I just had a vision of myself as a praying mantis in a bikini and shorts.

It seems to be that kind of day- one of my posts ended up in the wrong place, too. A praying mantis is a bikini and shorts? Hmm, I never thought about biting the heads off of my victims- er, opponents. Do you play in Spanish or English, Zurah, and if in Spanish, do you have a Spanish version with tildes and ll and all?

Izdihar, I am soooo superstitious about "Anna Karenina." Every time- I mean EVERY time I have started to read that book, I move. To date, that is half a dozen Anna Karenina-related moves in my life. I like where I am now, so gave the book to the library book sale years ago.

Aaeesha

My hobby is my six year old daughter. She's very active in swimming and cheerleading. I also *luv* bollywood movies.

Zurah

Do you play in Spanish or English, Zurah, and if in Spanish, do you have a Spanish version with tildes and ll and all?

Yep, except there are no tildes. I have an older set, from before the Real Academia de la Lengua eliminated the double L and CH from the dictionary (those sounds used to count as only one letter. If you browse a dictionary made before the mid-nineties, words that start with that sound have their own section, instead of appearing in the C and L sections, as they do now). Which is great, because the 'ch' is 5 points, and the 'll' is eight, like the 'ñ' :D

Babylonia

It sure is hard to have hobbies when you have kids but you have to find time for yourself so you don't fall into that martyred mommy trap. Mine are: reading ( I'm working my way through the Jean Plaidy series of books that covers the British monarchy from the Norman invasion through Queen Victoria's reign). I also like to sew, bike ride and go to the beach. I like movies esp. old ones (from the silent era on). I was collecting lambs for awhile but people buy them for me now so I don't have to.

Last edited:

Babylonia

It sure is hard to have hobbies when you have kids but you have to find time for yourself so you don't fall into that martyred mommy trap. Mine are: reading ( I'm working my way through the Jean Plaidy series of books that covers the British monarchy from the Norman invasion through Queen Victoria's reign). I also like to sew, bike ride and go to the beach. I like movies esp. old ones (from the silent era on). I was collecting lambs for awhile but people buy them for me now so I don't have to.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST-I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE:confused:

Last edited:

Shanazel

Yep, except there are no tildes. I have an older set, from before the Real Academia de la Lengua eliminated the double L and CH from the dictionary (those sounds used to count as only one letter. If you browse a dictionary made before the mid-nineties, words that start with that sound have their own section, instead of appearing in the C and L sections, as they do now). Which is great, because the 'ch' is 5 points, and the 'll' is eight, like the 'ñ' :D

They eliminated ll and ch? No tildes on the n-yah sound? Hmmm, that's too weird for me. I would love to find one of the older Spanish versions. It occurs to me that would be a good way to practice the language.

Amulya

My hobbies: reading (but don't have much time for it), spending time on forums:p , dancing of course (if that can be called a hobby, it is actually a job), cooking, gardening, I do like drawing and painting sometimes (if I have time), creating belly dance costumes, and watching movies.

Last edited:

tim ema

OOoo! I also have many hobbies! I spend a lot of time on the computer - turning my drawing into computer art with photoshop!

Anything "intricate": Beading, Manicures & Nail Art, Perfumery, Scrapbooking...ridiculous numbers of little bits and bobs! LOL! I think that's what initially grabbed my about BD, intricate moves and intricate costumes. I'm always obsessed with rich patterns and designs, or complex music.

My sweetie and I have recently bought our first place, so now home improvement/decorating and I am trying to learn gardening.(and cooking! EEK!)...I also write fiction and read Tarot.

Wow! I just realized I have WAY too much time on my hands! ROFL!
:)
AT