How many shimmies are there?

haifaa

l really don`t know how to thank u

thanks a lot for ur idea and explaination

so u r a teacher , well that explains

well , l m so lucky to have u here . some times l face many difficulties and find myself down and blue :(

l will try ur way ... wish me luck

thanks again

Kashmir

should l lift my heels when shimming ???????????
No. If you are lifting your heels you have limited control over your shimmy (there are a couple of shimmies that do use the leg to drive them but they are not very versatile). If you can do a side bend without lifting your heels off you can move your hips up and down without lifting your heels. You just have to find the muscles that do that while keeping your torso upright :D

For any shimmy start slow and burn the pattern into your brain. Then speed it up.

haifaa

No. If you are lifting your heels you have limited control over your shimmy (there are a couple of shimmies that do use the leg to drive them but they are not very versatile). If you can do a side bend without lifting your heels off you can move your hips up and down without lifting your heels. You just have to find the muscles that do that while keeping your torso upright :D

For any shimmy start slow and burn the pattern into your brain. Then speed it up.

Got it ..
l ve downloaded The metronome
and l `ll practice the shimmy with the lowest speed (40)
thank u Kash