How's the weather?

Shanazel

11 degrees F, -11 degrees C and still snowing. It is supposed to be below zero F tonight- brrr! Better pile all the cats and dogs on the bed for warmth tonight.

Does the desert bloom when it rain there, Lydia? Plants come out that haven't been seen in years?

Lydia

11 degrees F, -11 degrees C and still snowing. It is supposed to be below zero F tonight- brrr! Better pile all the cats and dogs on the bed for warmth tonight.

Does the desert bloom when it rain there, Lydia? Plants come out that haven't been seen in years?

Hi Shanazel...yes actualy there are... not much but there are some flowers in the desert and at the moment of course half of the country will be flooded if we have 1 more day like this ...but then when the water is gone...everything looks nice and fresh and have colors!! usely everything is dusty from the sand constantly blowing everywhere ,but when the rain comes its realy pretty everything gets a nice wash and the palmtree and gardens looking realy pretty green and beautiful ,and its funny everybody go,s out in the rain,like in other country,s people run to the beach when the sun comes out ...here everybody is out and try to get some of it...its nice to see children playing and running having a great time ,just by playing in the rain,so its a nice time for people that live in the forever dry UAE...

Shanazel

Well, Lydia, enjoy the beautiful weather and the rare flowers for me. It was 8 degrees F when I came in tonight from my students' performance, and the temperature is still falling. The sky is clear as a bell with thousands of stars in the sky, but Brrrrrr!

Shanazel

As in freeze the balls off of? You got it, only we say grass donkeys. It is warmer here today, but my son is staying in Laramie this weekend since the roads are closed by blowing snow.

Shanazel

The weather in central Wyoming absolutely sucks right now. It has been snowing all day, but as it comes on evening, the roads are slicker than a circus barker's best spiel. I had to go pick my daughter up at school because the bus was delayed by an accident and what usually takes about 10 or fifteen minutes took over half an hour. It would've taken longer had I stayed on the main roads, which were headlight to tail light with stalled and sliding cars. My car usually does well in the snow, but I was all over the road- guess it is time for new tires. I am waiting for my husband to get home with the four wheel drive before I make a try for the stables tonight- it is uphill all the way on dirt or very narrow pavement with a steep drop off on each side in one place. He is supposed to sing in a Christmas program tonight, but I bet they call it off. I'm only going out in this mess again to keep my horse from starving.

How are things "down under" and "over there"? Don't you all wish you were having such lovely holiday weather?;)

PS I don't know how I got the thumbs down symbol in the title line, but it is certainly appropriate.

nigma

Its the beginning of the wet season so its hot and humid. Today it's trying really hard to rain but no big downfalls yet.
Oh, I live in Broome west Australia.

Shanazel

What sort of landscapes do you have in Broome?

Better weather here today- bright, cold sunshiny day and the ice is beginning to melt a bit, but footing is still uncertain. I'll be content if I can make it through the day without falling on my posterior.

nigma

Broome is on the west coast at the tip of a peninsula. we have a lovely long beach on one side and a large bay on the other side. The landscape itself is very flat and scrubby, low lying bush. The creeks have mangroves and crocodiles. The soil is very red and the water turquoise. a few hundred kilometers to the east the landscape becomes more rocky with large rocky escarpments.
Makes for great colour and sunstes are beautiful, great for photos but very harsh, unforgiving land. The film "Australia" was shot in the east Kimberely.

Aisha Azar

Weather

Better weather here today- bright, cold sunshiny day and the ice is beginning to melt a bit, but footing is still uncertain. I'll be content if I can make it through the day without falling on my posterior.

Dear Shanazel,
We have had cold and rain for several days, but starting tonight we are supposed to get a bunch of snow followed an arctic front so that by Tuesday it will be 16 degrees here during the day. That is if the meteorologist did not decide to just lay on the couch and make up the weather report as he sometimes does... Just in time for us to go and cut our Christmas tree on Sunday!!! I will layer my clothes and top it all off with my Australian duster!!
Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

Thanks, Nigma. I will have to go see the film. My husband has always wanted to go to Australia's outback, but most of the pictures I've seen look like Wyoming with less water and bigger, meaner snakes;). I will look forward to seeing the movie and thinking of you somewhere in the background. The embroidery guild I belong to had a sister guild in Narragin (Probably misspelled that) for many years, but we have lost contact.

A'isha, we've got serious wind, cold temps and clouds piling up. All I want in
the world right now is to go home, have my husband make me a fire and supply me with tea while I curl up on the couch in a quilt. Unfortunately, I have to work this morning and he has the French Horn ensemble practicing in the living room today. Imagine five French Horns in one smallish room...

Dev

Dear Shanazel,
I think its Narrogin, in West Aust. Its a beautiful place but pretty flat and very dry. In Australia, I believe 80 percent of people live in 5 Major cities and closed by areas which are not far from the coast. the Rest live in the Bush where its rains sometimes once in a 5 years. And snakes are not the problem, ;), Its the tick and the spider, You will be gardening , suddenly you will find you are feeling drunk and getting paralysed , run to hospital as soon as possible. Its the tick that sucking your blood and injecting some venom.

Have I frieghtened you enough.

Some pictures of Narrogin.

To remain on topic , Its hot and humid on the sunshine coast qld as usual, The snakes and all the mosquitos are out bugging our life.

Shanazel

Have I frieghtened you enough.
Sweetie, I grew up in south Texas where everything bites, stings, or sticks, usually with toxic results. I'm hard to scare.;) My friend Louise is from Sydney and she told me about the dangers of gardening there due to the nasty ground spiders. Thanks for the pictures of Narrogin!

Overcast and windy as hell here. I can hardly wait to go out.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Temperatures are supposed to drp to minus 14 degrees Farenheit by tomorrow.

Last edited:

KuteNurse

LOL Shanazel! The weather is miserable in Minnesota also. It is snowing like crazy and starting to blow around. The forecase says up to 14 inches of snow. YUCK! I was just out and about with my son and the roads are starting to get bad, so we came home. I will probably be snowbound until Monday at the earliest. Is it snowing in the mountains?

Shanazel

All I want in the world right now is to go home, have my husband make me a fire and supply me with tea while I curl up on the couch in a quilt.

Talk about fractured wishes: I have been home since Friday afternoon sitting on the couch in front of a roaring fire swathed to my eyebrows in quilts and robes. Had it not been about -20 degrees farenheit with a howling wind blowing a serioius winter snow around, I'd have gone to the hospital last night. I may go yet if this afternoon go round of illness is a severe as yesterday's. No more weather wishes for me.:mad:

nigma

I'll trade a little of that cold windy for some of this heat. It was 42 degrees celcius yesterday and I did not venture outside much either. Bring on the rain.

Aisha Azar

Weather

Dear Gang,
It is going to be all of 8 degrees today and then with the wind blowing.....yikes.
But, we in the inland Northwest USA have been spoiled with warmish winters for some time. Things are just getting back to the way they were when I first moved here. I had a hot flash driving home from rehearsal last night during the -2 degrees or whatever it was, in my little old truck with a meagre heating system. I did not care what temperature it was in or out. I was yelling over the Christmas music on the radio, "GET ME THE HELL OUT OF THIS DAMN COAT BEFORE I ROAST TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Regards,
A'isha
who is much cooler this morning, thank you!