I Met Morocco at a Hafla!

AyaKara

Among many others :D I went to Tamalyn Dallal's intensive hafla(h?) & helped out with set-up, vending, & I also recorded the show for Kaeshi (whom I also met). There was also one point where I had to run to get a plug for the projector, a feat that I am very proud of :lol:

The dancers were wonderful! We had both Oriental & Tribal. At intermission, we watched clips from Tamalyn's Ethiopian dance DVD -- you can find it & other dance-related DVDs on her website if interested :)

After the show, I spoke to Morocco & told her how it was an honor to meet her & took a picture with her afterward. It was so cool! I plan on buying her book soon & plan on taking a class or a workshop with her when I can. :D

Overall I had a great time & just wanted to share it here. Hope everyone's doing well! :dance:

Farasha Hanem

:shok: WOW, you got to meet Aunt Rocky, how COOL!!! :D And Tamalyn! How very lucky for you, Aya! :D Can you post your pic for us, please? ^^

Mosaic

Super Moderator
OMG! I am soooo jealous ;):D I love Aunt Rocky, I have her book & also Tamlyn's "40 Days & 1001 Nights" book. I second Farasha ... photos please:D
~Mosaic

Morocco

The dancers were wonderful! We had both Oriental & Tribal. At intermission, we watched clips from Tamalyn's Ethiopian dance DVD -- you can find it & other dance-related DVDs on her website if interested :)

After the show, I spoke to Morocco & told her how it was an honor to meet her & took a picture with her afterward. It was so cool! I plan on buying her book soon & plan on taking a class or a workshop with her when I can. :D

I enjoyed the show too - I love watching excellent dancers of all styles & it was a pleasure to meet you too, Aya. You can get my book on my website: Welcome to Morocco's Meanderings & you should also get Tamalyn's book, "40 Days & 1001 Nights" - it's about her truly special undertaking & the insights she gained and shares with us ... (& her great DVDs that resulted from those adventures!)

BIG hugs,:D
Rocky

AyaKara

Thanks everyone! Here's the photo of me & Aunt Rocky :D

nigma

That is so cool AyaKara, I have also had the pleasure of meeting Morocco at the 2007 WAMED festival. I took almost all her workshops (14 hrs worth I think it was) but I'm always to shy to ask for a photo but never too shy to say something. In this case we caught up in the toilets and I suggested she do the half flush (it's a dry country) and she was onto it, lol, having spent her fair share in the desert.
I later said another shy g'day mentioning it was my 47th birthday I think she told me she was 67. Love her to bits.