I quit smoking!

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Last night I burned the rest of my cigarets, so from this morning I DO NOT SMOKE! I need your help and support. Those who quit - tell me about the things that helped you quite. Keep me busy reading and posting in this thread - distracting me from thinking about smoking. Send non-smoking vibes my way.

Moon

I'm not a quitter myself (I never started it, fortunately!)

Just wanted to congratulate you. Hurray! Another non-smoker!

As for non-smoking vibes: Top 10 Reasons to Quit Smoking
(this is a pretty gross one, but effective imo)http://static.flickr.com/34/71356889_fff6db1e66.jpg

Safran

Congratulations! That was one smart decision! Unfortunately never really started or quit either, but I can be such an annoyingly terrible nagger when it comes to people smoking around me :mad:;)

Good luck, Anatoliy!!!

taheya

Hi Anatoliy, i read 'the easy way to stop smoking' by Alan Carr. Great book, totally changes the way you think about smoking....it worked for me and numerous friends. Highly recommend it, good luck!

Congratulations and keep it up.....you must have great will power. :clap::clap:

I'm not a smoker myself but the thought of trying to give up chocolate gives me goose bumps :confused:

Aisha Azar

Not Smoking

5 hours without smoking!!! :dance: And actually it's not as hard as I expected. :D

Dear Anatoliy,
Best wishes with not smoking. I cut straws to cigarette length and kept them handy and chewed them whenever I wanted a cigarette, which was constantly for about 2 years. I am so happy it is going well for you. Keep up the good work.
Regards,
A'isha

slinks

:shok: you smoked !!! some how you just don't look like a smoker !! ;)

But hey, that is so cool that you have given it up ... YAY :clap: keep up the good work ...

The first 6 months I think is the hardest, I smoked for under 13 years before I gave up 17 years ago ... I had accupucture and a very supportive Dr, get all the support you need :D you certainly have enough here too :dance:

Shanazel

Good for you!!!

You will no longer smell like an ashtray, and you'll never have to leave a party to go outside for a smoke. You will also have some extra money jangling around in your jeans!

Kharmine

Good for you!!!

You will no longer smell like an ashtray, and you'll never have to leave a party to go outside for a smoke. You will also have some extra money jangling around in your jeans!

And good food will taste even better, so beware the calorie creep!

Get the patch. Get the gum. Get an empty jar and start putting in the money you'd normally spend on cigs -- with some nice reward in mind! Do something fun that makes the endorphins kick in in lieu of the nicotine!

Do whatever works!

Dev

I think you will be alright for few days then you will get the urge to have one, and so badly. Thats the hardest part.Thats when most of the smokers goes back to the old habit. Have you thought about taking Nicotine patch, I dont know whether its work or not, but I see here in Australia allmost everybody getting one and placing it on their arm.

I am a smoker myself, and live with other smokers. So its really hard for me to give up, although I dont really smoke that much. but still its a bad habit and wish to give it up.:(
Best of luck!

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
The first 6 months I think is the hardest

The first 6 months???!!! :shok: I thought the first day is the hardest, and the next day will be easier... :(

I got the patch, I got the gum, I got pills, I'm keeping myself busy. :D

Ariella

Do whatever you have to do to keep off smoking - suck on straws, keep a bag of the stick pretzels and let one dangle out of your mouth, print out this thread and carry it around with you. Or just think of the *huge* health benefits: After You Quit: A Timeline to Health

Keep it up!

KuteNurse

Alright! Keep up the good work! Just for reinforcement, my mom has COPD, (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), she was a smoker for years and years. She will eventually die from the damage that has already been done to her from smoking.

Because I am a nurse, I have to share with you both hospitals in northern Minnesota have stopped smoking on the campus's. You can't smoke within 100 yards of the buildings. If you are caught as an employee, you are fired. Whether or not they are going to reinforce it, time will tell.

Also, the state of Minnesota, is working on making bars and restaurants smoke free. Duluth where I live is already smoke free in its restaurants.

Think of your health and the health of those around you. You will notice a remarkable difference in just a few short weeks:) Good luck!:clap::clap::clap:

Lydia

Yesterday was more diffecult than today and tomorrow will be more easy than today!! just think of all the good things that come out of it.....You must contineu now otherwise you looze all the effort from yesterday the most difficult day...take up bellydancing ! that keep you walking strait!!!LOL GOODLUCK stop to smoke we need you in this forum and you know it makes your life shorter!! what we do without you?????:( hang in there Lydia

Maria_Aya

Bravo Anatoliy !!!!
Keep the try.
Unfortunately the 3rd and 4th day are the ones that usually smokers freak out so be aware of it.
For me helped to do things that I hadnt connected with sigarete, as long walks by the sea, window shoping lol etc.
So find what you HAVENT connected with smoking and do it as much as possible.
Good luck and stay strong.

Maria Aya:)

Zurah

Bravo Anatoliy! Keep it up! Your loved ones will certainly appreciate the effort. Also, like Lydia said, we need you in this forum. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

chryssanthi sahar

It 's great that you stopped smoking Anatoliy:clap: I'm not a smoker myself, but I know that the main thing is the will. My dad had been smoking for almost 30 years and then, 25 years ago he decided that he wants to stop and he made it! In Greece, where almost everybody (except me;)) is a smoker and you cannot avoid to get cigarette smoke get blown into your face, doesn't matter where you go. From the moment he decided to stop, he never smoked even one single cigarette again and I can imagine that it was not easy. Also the husband of my sister stopped 4 years ago. So if they made it, you can also make it for sure;) Go for it:clap: