Indian Fashion

Dev

All credits goes to my fellow flickrer ashitparikh.

Visit the following link to see more amazing photographs of Ashit.

Flickr: ashitparikh's Photostream

Last edited:

Darbla

I love Indian clothing like this. I have a book about saris just for the pictures. Thanks for posting. :)

Dev

Thank you everybody , I could have named the thread "Indian colours" instead of "Indian fashion". ;)

Regards to all,

Kharmine

Love it. Thanks for sharing, Dipali.

Why, oh why do such wonderful color combinations only look circus gaudy where I live?

khanjar

Love it. Thanks for sharing, Dipali.

Why, oh why do such wonderful color combinations only look circus gaudy where I live?

Probably because in our society we are not used to the wearing of colour. History, what colour fabrics were available in our locale, black, white, brown, denim blue etc. Colours, well, the dyes the more bright the colour, the more expensive it was and there has just got to be religious influence in there somewhere.

Where I used to live in Oxford, I used to enjoy seeing the West African ladies wearing bright colours of reds and yellows on a dull rainy day, whilst everyone else walked past in subdued colours of blacks and blues. I do believe what you wear affects your mood, bright colours on a rainy day, those ladies were always full of joy to others, laughing and smiling, enjoying life.

I alternate between all black and ethnic colours, I wear purples, greens, reds, oranges, yellows, different from the norm, but I don't care what others think, colour does affect my mood.

But to that wonderful photostream that Dipali posted about on Flickr, I have to say just beautiful. I love it, and it has added to my desire to visit India and environs.