Is he Mimo?

Pirika Repun

Is he Tito's nephew Mimo? His dance style is so much alike to Tito. I know a lot of Tito crone in Sharm El Sheikh now, but he is one of the best. Tarik said maybe he is Mimo, but not sure. Hopefully he'll find out when he goes to Egypt next month... But before that, can anybody tell who he is? He is pretty good. I like his style. He looks like Tito, but he has his own character.

In case if you don't know who is Mimo, here he is when he was still small and dance with Tito in 2005.

Caroline_afifi

I dont know if he is Mimo, but around last October time when I returned from Sharm, I spoke at length on one thread about the phenomenon of Tito impersonators just about everywhere i went.

It was quite bizarre for me as they were the mian act in most places with not very good female dancers fluttering around as some sort of prop.

Maria_Aya

I dont know if he is Mimo, but around last October time when I returned from Sharm, I spoke at length on one thread about the phenomenon of Tito impersonators just about everywhere i went.

It was quite bizarre for me as they were the mian act in most places with not very good female dancers fluttering around as some sort of prop.

In this case its not a wonder that Tito is trying to change his style ;)

But this guy dont seem just 4 years older than the video with Tito and Mimo that is labeled 2005 ;) or maybe again as we say in Greece he is eating his kosari ;)

Pirika Repun

Hi Caroline

I thought maybe you could tell he was Mimo or not, because I remember you started thread about Tito's crone dancers in Sharm El Sheikh. I also see a lot of YouTube video in Sharm’s "dancing waiter” who wear gallabeya and dancing Baladi to Hip-Hop. I have never been to Egypt, so I can’t say anything about situation in Sharm and other places. Personally, I just want to see good dancers in any gender or age.

Hi Maria

Yes, I thought the same thing about this kid. In 2005 video that Tarik recorded it, and he said that Mimo was 6 or 8 years old. However, now some people (even Tarik) say Mimo is around 16 years old. So, it doesn’t make sense to me. However, if Mimo was actually around 12 or so in 2005, then maybe he is around 16. Maybe he was very small kid for 12 years old. Tito is not tall guy, so maybe Mimo was small for 12 years old? I really don’t know. Or maybe, Little Mimo and this guy in the video are both Tito’s nephew, but different people? I really don’t know. I hope some one ask this kid who he is, and if he is related with Tito.

Yeha, maybe that’s why Tito try to change his costume and using VEIL to distinguish from other his crones? :think: Still I'm not big fan of his VEIL....

Pirika Repun

MEMO and MERO

Okay. I found MEMO and MERO at Youtube. According to Tarik, in Sharm there is a couple of male dancers who are TITO's students and they perform there. Tarik met a couple of them, but I forgot which he met. So, anyway, these guys are NOT MIMO, but Tito's students.

I think MEMO is little close to Tito's style and he is more relaxed and graceful when he dances. MERO has Tito's dynamic move, but I think he is little stiff and need to relax his body, then he becomes more like Tito-like or more graceful and dynamic dancer. Personally, I like MEMO than MERO right now, but I want to see them live!

I think both guys have Tito's big influence, but they also have their own personality. Oh, one more thing I like male dancers in Egypt because they always have "SMILE" on their face. Not like female dancers who always have some half cry or wanna go to bathroom so badly face. :lol:

MEMO:

MERO:

Tarik Sultan

Okay. I found MEMO and MERO at Youtube. According to Tarik, in Sharm there is a couple of male dancers who are TITO's students and they perform there. Tarik met a couple of them, but I forgot which he met. So, anyway, these guys are NOT MIMO, but Tito's students.

I think MEMO is little close to Tito's style and he is more relaxed and graceful when he dances. MERO has Tito's dynamic move, but I think he is little stiff and need to relax his body, then he becomes more like Tito-like or more graceful and dynamic dancer. Personally, I like MEMO than MERO right now, but I want to see them live!

I think both guys have Tito's big influence, but they also have their own personality. Oh, one more thing I like male dancers in Egypt because they always have "SMILE" on their face. Not like female dancers who always have some half cry or wanna go to bathroom so badly face. :lol:

MEMO:

MERO:
The guy in the black is the same guy in these clips. This is Mero. Tito has always been tight lipped with me about the other guys performing in Sharam and tried to tell me he was the only one dancing in Sharem. When I told him I saw other guys on the internet, he didn't want to talk anymore.

I was told this guy has a twin named Ali. I didn't see either of them. Tito was in Mexico, Miro was in Dubai and Ali had the day off, so I saw a guy named Nimo. Not bad, but not anything special either. I also heard about someone named Khalid, but didn't see him.

It was hard to see much. I was there for two days, (hated every second of it) and all the shows seemed to start at the same time. So one would have to spend several days to see everyone, (god forbid!). Couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Everything closes down early and then the only things open are techno clubs. By day its either sitting on the beach, or water sports . So bot my thing. I mean, like I was already born with a tan thank you. Of course you know I'll have to go back again though.....:confused:

Caroline_afifi

The guy in the black is the same guy in these clips. This is Mero. Tito has always been tight lipped with me about the other guys performing in Sharam and tried to tell me he was the only one dancing in Sharem. When I told him I saw other guys on the internet, he didn't want to talk anymore.

I was told this guy has a twin named Ali. I didn't see either of them. Tito was in Mexico, Miro was in Dubai and Ali had the day off, so I saw a guy named Nimo. Not bad, but not anything special either. I also heard about someone named Khalid, but didn't see him.

It was hard to see much. I was there for two days, (hated every second of it) and all the shows seemed to start at the same time. So one would have to spend several days to see everyone, (god forbid!). Couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Everything closes down early and then the only things open are techno clubs. By day its either sitting on the beach, or water sports . So bot my thing. I mean, like I was already born with a tan thank you. Of course you know I'll have to go back again though.....:confused:
Sharm really is just like any beach resort and a few days is ok, but not my thing either.

I cant believe Tito tried to deny the new wave of male entertainers in Sharm.
I saw Mero. He performed in the market area on that big stage they had.

The others I saw where pretty skilled to be honest, but I preffered the less practiced ones who were still a bit rough around the edges.

I couldnt tell you who they were but I saw 4 or (five if you include the Dwarf guy).

It made them appear slightly different and therefore more interesting.

Did you see the dancing Dawrf guy? he was also very good. He danced to Shik shak shok and had a real passion for what he was doing, people laughed when he came on but soon shut up and concentrated on his dancing.

It was quite something.
My uncle has a small clip of him doing this at the water park.

I shall have to ask him to turn it into a small youtube clip one day.

Tarik Sultan

Sharm really is just like any beach resort and a few days is ok, but not my thing either.

I cant believe Tito tried to deny the new wave of male entertainers in Sharm.

Come on. Its Egypt, what's not to believe?

I saw Mero. He performed in the market area on that big stage they had.

The night I went he was gone to Dubai, and his brother had the night off. Nero was dancing at Alf Layla.

The others I saw where pretty skilled to be honest, but I preffered the less practiced ones who were still a bit rough around the edges.

I couldnt tell you who they were but I saw 4 or (five if you include the Dwarf guy).

Which venues did you see these other guys? Were they formal shows or the waiters just dancing? Nama Bay has all those outdoor cafes where the waiters at some point get up and dance.

It made them appear slightly different and therefore more interesting.

Did you see the dancing Dawrf guy? he was also very good. He danced to Shik shak shok and had a real passion for what he was doing, people laughed when he came on but soon shut up and concentrated on his dancing.

It was quite something.
My uncle has a small clip of him doing this at the water park.

I shall have to ask him to turn it into a small youtube clip one day.
Again could you give more details about the venues? I passed the water park, but since I don't like that sort of thing, I had no reason to go there, let alone think they offered entertainment.

Pirika Repun

You confused me. :confused:

So, you are saying, first video that I posted with balck gallabeya is "MERO" the same as in my second video's "MERO SHOW" You also say "MEMO (or actually he is MIRO)" is actually "MERO" and the same guy, and threfore all these clips are "MERO"?

I know "MEMO" that I posted is actually "MIRO". At first I thought both MIRO and MERO are the same guy, but when I look close their dance, I see the difference.

Now I'm more confused, bucause I use Arabic translation, and look at MERO's video description, and it came up his name is "MIMO" :shok:

I'm all confused now. :confused::confused::confused:

Tarik Sultan

You confused me. :confused:

So, you are saying, first video that I posted with balck gallabeya is "MERO" the same as in my second video's "MERO SHOW" You also say "MEMO (or actually he is MIRO)" is actually "MERO" and the same guy, and threfore all these clips are "MERO"?

I know "MEMO" that I posted is actually "MIRO". At first I thought both MIRO and MERO are the same guy, but when I look close their dance, I see the difference.

Now I'm more confused, bucause I use Arabic translation, and look at MERO's video description, and it came up his name is "MIMO" :shok:

I'm all confused now. :confused::confused::confused:
Arabic translators suck. The channel owners name is memo something or other. It could be that miro was already taken by someone else on youtube, so he had to use memo. Just like youtube wouldn't allow me to use Tarik Sultan, so I ended up with 6969aaaaa.

When it comes to Arabic, you have to realize that when its written in English you're going to get different spellings. This is because people try to find the nearest matching sounds, so one person will spell his name mero, someone else will spell it miro. Just like my name. Some people spell it with a k some spell it with a q. There is no such thing as correct spelling in English for Arabic words.

So let me deconfuse you. Memo is the little kid in the video dancing with Tito. I thought that the kid was older than what I thought because when I asked Tito about him, he didn't want to speak and he told me memo was 12. God only knows why.

So here's the deal, these young guys are all the same person, Miro. If you look carefully at the face and shape of the head, you'll see they are all the same guy. He is improving in his skill and personality, which is what you are seeing in the videos. He's developing and that's why there is a difference from video to video.

Caroline_afifi

Again could you give more details about the venues? I passed the water park, but since I don't like that sort of thing, I had no reason to go there, let alone think they offered entertainment.
Yes sure.

Alf Leila like you mentioned, the open stage in the old Market area, The Rossetta hotel, The Savoy and the Coral Beach.

Non of these were waiters, but the highlight of the show ere you would usually get a female dancer. And where you usually got your 'folkloric' boys you got a group of girls doing a little group thing befopre the guy comes out.

The Water park was the dwarf guy.