Is there a dermatologist in the house?

Farasha Hanem

Back in April of 2007, I noticed what appeared to be a zit on the side of my nose. However, it has never went away! :( It acts like a zit, because every now and then, it comes to a head. I clean my face with a Neutragena Wave and use the exfoliating pads one to three times a week, apply aloe vera gel on it, and use Biore nose strips once a week when I can afford them. It's still there. Now there's a second "zit" on the same side of my nose!!! :(:(:( What are these things, and why won't they go away?!? :(

Shanazel

Time to find a real doctor, sweetie. It could be nothing and it could be a very big something. I wouldn't even care to hazard a guess as to which. Don't delay!!! Call your doctor tomorrow.

I have rosacea, one of the most persistent darn skin disorders I know of. Before I got topical erythromyecin and some excellent products for intolerant skin, my poor face looked like I'd been dragged face down over a mile of rough Irish terrain. After I got the proper meds, my skin was back to normal appearance within days.

Like I said, don't you delay. :naghty: Your nose is a highly vascular area and infections and weirdnesses thre are nothing to treat lightly.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I second Shanazel 150%, when something doesn't clear up with the usual medicated treatments it needs to be looked at, it could be a chronic infection which antibiotics and topical antibio creme will clear. I had a weird pimple on my arm that kept doing that, no matter what i used it would come back with an ugly big head and a red inflamed border, the doc gave me a topical creme and a course of antibiotics and it cleared it up very quickly, and has never returned.
~Mosaic

Harry

Like Shanazel says, it definitely is time to find a real doctor. We've talked about conditions like this before, and each is unique, most time requiring a unique approach to control, if not cure. The cause? Hard to say. Could be an allergy, or some other factor. In my case, I had to give up caffeine (includes chocolate, drat it! :( ).

Know this, you aren't alone when it comes to things like this. I would also add, in case you didn't figure it out, that these things do not discriminate because of gender... So, let us know how things work out. :)

Marya

Farasha,

I feel pretty weird because we have never met in person, but I feel pretty connected to you through this forum and facebook and I really, really, really think you need to seek medical help. Not just for this but for the other things that are affecting you. There are times when trying to economize is unwise, and this is one of them. GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Marya

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I hate to say this but you NEED to get this looked at ASAP by a doctor. There are forms of skin cancer that can look like pimples, especially when they don't heal or go away.

Basal cell carcinoma usually appears as a pimple like spot that does not go away. If a pimple is still on your face after 2 months it needs to be checked.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

I have a doctor's appointment for the 28th of this month for some other unrelated health problems, but I'll definitely ask about the spots on my nose. Didn't realize it could be that serious! :shok: I thought that it might be moles, or old lady warts trying to rear their ugly heads, never thought about infections or cancer. :confused: Thank you for the advice, everyone, and thank you so much for caring. Oh, and Marya, I don't think it's weird that you care for me, even though we haven't met. I care for you, and for so many others here, and I haven't met anyone here, yet. I hope to someday. :) You have such a good heart, and I appreciate your concern very, very much.

I just feel so blessed to have so many people here to love! :D

Oh, something else, the 28th was the earliest appointment I could get, and I made it a couple of weeks ago. :confused:

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I am so glad you have a doc's appointment, make a list and get everything sorted out:D I rarely need to go to a doc ( touch wood) but when I do I go with a list, even the smallest thing so I get everything sorted out at once then I don't have to go back again for ages, unless I get sick or something.
Don't go thinking the big C word, it is probably a localised infection that is deep seated and needs medication to knock it on the head. If you are run down it is amazing how a little thing can become an infection because your body doesn't have the resources to fight it from the beginning.

Only a few days to go and you can get everything sorted out:D
~Mosaic

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
The only reason I knew about the cancer thing is becuase my friend had to get something like that removed. Best part is that type can typically be removed in office and don't really turn into the worst forms of skin cancer. Basal cell carcinoma, from my understanding, is the most common form of skin cancer.

Glad to hear that you are going to get it looked at. Moles look different from pimples and I've never heard of someting called old lady warts.

It just might be some kind of infection but I wanted to say this anyway because most people do ingnore it thinking it is just something else.

Marya

I agree with Mosaic take a list with you and make sure you get the attention you need, when doctors are busy they can rush you so you forget what you need to say.

Marya

Aniseteph

It could just be a cyst of some sort, or something warty (that sounds so yuk). The real nasties are the dark moles that are melanomas, and it doesn't sound like that. Glad you are getting it checked out Farasha.