ISO beginner choreography

DancingArabian

Looking for either youtube videos or websites that list videos for purchase of beginner level belly dance choreography for solos and veil work.

Suggestions on names to search are appreciated as well!

shiradotnet

When I think about the beginner-level videos (DVD's or VHS) that I've actually SEEN, only a couple teach choreographies. Most just teach a catalog of moves. Some include a drill sequence that's great for practice or workout but not designed for performance.

I can think of three I've seen that teach choreographies. However, two of those are poorly taught and for that reason I wouldn't recommend them. The third is very good, but has been out of print for over 10 years so no point in trying to steer you to it!

I'm sure there are good ones that I have NOT seen, so maybe someone else can jump into this conversation with recommendations.

Sirène

When I think beginner choreography I also think prop-free.

The only DVD I can think of that is beginnger level and includes a veil is Sarah Skinner's "Seven Veils" set to Naga by Solace (which isn't heard in the promo :doh:).

I like Sarah and I like this choreography, however by her own admission it is more of a "dance for a special someone" than a show piece.

Naga by Solace: