Jennifer Lopez - What Style Of Dance?

Storm

Hey guys ... question for you, its off topic but I didnt want to start a new topic and potentionally start up another fiery thread ....

But in this clip - Jennifer Lopez - Aint it Funny .... can anyone tell me what style of dancing there suppose to be doing in the end when she dances with the gypsies ....

Ok .. I dont have a clue if I inserted the clip correctly sooo incase i didnt here is the YouTube url ... YouTube - Aint it funny - Jennifer Lopez

Last edited:

Mouse

I think a new topic deserves a new thread all of its own. That way it doesn't get lost in (or muddy the waters of) an existing topic :)

It is authentic video style dancing! In other words, all dancing performed in videos are theatrical in nature and may hold elements that look similar to other folkloric dance forms. I'm sure the goal was not to present authentic dance but serve as entertainment.
Yasmine

Amanda (was Aziyade)

From the musicians, the gaze, and the attitude, it's definately a nod to flamenco, but it's theatrical dance, mixing lots of stuff.

Wow, other than stealing children, didn't this video just have EVERY Hollywood Gypsy stereotype?

Kharmine

It is authentic video style dancing! In other words, all dancing performed in videos are theatrical in nature and may hold elements that look similar to other folkloric dance forms. I'm sure the goal was not to present authentic dance but serve as entertainment.
Yasmine

I love that!

Storm

Thanks for your answers guys ... IMO regardless what you want to call it, she did a wonderful job recreating a fantasy world and its sooo catchy you want to jump in an be part of the fun!!!

Moon

Wow, other than stealing children, didn't this video just have EVERY Hollywood Gypsy stereotype?

That's what I thought too :lol: