Legends of Raq, April 19-22 2012 in Pittsburgh PA (USA)

steffib

Take a journey to the roots of American Bellydance with four legendary performers and expert teachers: Aegela, Artemis Mourat, Helena Vlahos and Kweilin Nassar, representing Egyptian, Turkish, Greek and Lebanese dance traditions, respectively. The event will feature 8 different workshops, a gala show at the Hard Rock Cafe, a lecture and a hafla. Early-bird registration (until the end of February 2012) is $310, with teacher specials and sampler packs available, as well.

For more information, check our website: Legends of Raq - Event Details as well the Facebook event page Legends of Raq! An Event of Epic Proportions | Facebook

Out of town visitors will find out why Pittsburgh has been voted America's most livable city several years in a row: it is easy to reach by air, bus and car; the workshop venue is centrally located and well-connected to public transport; and we have collected a list of excellent and economical hotel choices close-by.

steffib

Great news:

We are offering a "sampler" pack, one class with each instructor, for $155 - UNTIL 12/31/2011 - REGISTER NOW for this deal! Legends of Raq - Event Details

Instructor Special: If you spread the word and four of your students register for the event, your registration is FREE!!!!

And, last but not least, here are great news for out of town visitors: We have negotiated a special event rate of the $139 a night at the Courtyard Marriot, which offers free shuttle service to the workshop venue. In addition, we found out that there is a very limited number of rooms available at the Spring Hill Suites within walking distance, booking early is recommended. For more information, check our travel info page - https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150373173066238

Last edited:

Ariadne

:pray: Please, please, please tell me you are recording the gala show and selling it on video for those of us who can't possibly make it. The chance to see those 4 together...

steffib

Oh, thanks! How I wish we could distribute the show on DVD ... However, copyright law makes it pretty much impossible for us to produce a publicly available DVD, I am afraid. We would need to secure the applicable rights from everybody (musicians, producers, composers) whose songs are used in the show, which is prohibitively expensive and time-consuming. Under the same legal constraints, we will not be able to upload video of the performances on Youtube, as much as we would love to share this amazing event with everybody.

Ariadne

Understandable. I assumed that would be the answer but I figure it never hurts to ask. I'll settle for being utterly envious of everyone else who can go.

Best of luck with the event. :D

steffib

Hello all, there are a few exciting updates about the event:

We now have a designated website that makes planning and sign-up easier - no more excuses! Legends of Raq - April 19-22, 2012 - Pittsburgh, PA

Next, registration for individual workshops is now open - design your own, personalized program!

Finally, the instructors are open for teaching private lessons. We have not worked out the details for that yet, but if you are interested in studying individually, it is a good idea to make sure to put in a request early.

I hope to see you there! Don't forget to introduce yourself, ask for Steffi :)