Looking for veil wrist/isis wing pattern

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Hi Guys

I thought someone has posted about this earlier but I can't find it. I would like to make myself a par of mini-wings but using veils.

I've seen them in videos before and it looks like they used two half circle veils and attached one end to a bracelet on the arm and the other to the back of the neck with some sort of tie.

Just wonder if anyone has a pattern of this before I go experimenting to make myself a pair. I would really like to incorporate this into a dance.

AyaKara

Cheart, can you post a video of what they look like so we can get a better idea? I wouldn't know how to make them because I haven't started making clothing yet, but I would love to see them for myself. I'm sure it would give others an idea of what they look like, too :D

Ariadne

I've been waiting for someone with more experience to respond but since no one has...

The ones in the video posted last year is just 2 half circle veils attached to a neck piece like you use for Isis Wings that use Velcro to close. Adding wrist straps isn't really that hard.

However if you don't want to have to use the sticks or the full veil is to big you can always cut them in half.

The traditional version is actually called a "half veil" and is made by cutting a veil nearly in half (leaving 4-5" attached) and draping it over your neck.

But there is nothing wrong with getting creative. It's not like people haven't done it before. ;)

Edit: It just occurred to me that you asked about a pattern. The Isis Wings I saw had a 1-2" wide strap that appeared to be two layers of fabric lined with iron on selvage that had about a 5" strip of Velcro on it to close. The wrist straps I've seen looked closer to 2-3" wide. The wings were sewn into the bottom seam/edge of the neck piece rather then the underside against the skin.

Last edited:

AyaKara

Now that I know what they are, they're so beautiful! Wow! I can't wait to make my own costumes one day :pray:

Cheart, please show us what it looks like when you're done! :dance:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Thanks Ariadne! Those are what I asked about. Hmm it sounds like it be easy to make without a paper pattern. On to the trial bits now.