Music Favourites

Amulya

We have a separate music forum, but that's more for ME music, so let's discuss music for tribal and fusion styles here.

Any favourites?

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I need some new music cause I'm so tired of beats antique. Love to hear what others are performing to.

Amulya

I'm so out of the loop! I have this radio station where I type in things like Beats Antigue or other bands/artists and they randomly play music in the same category, so you can discover new things. I have discovered a lot of new artists, but I'm not sure if their music is useful for performances. Yes it's danceable, but haven't looked into the lyrics yet for appropriateness, since I don't perform ATM.
I have discovered Asam Ali, Niyaz, Axiom of Choice, Mercan Dede, they are much more Turkish/Persian/Middle Eastern/Celtic fusion, so not sure if they are useful.

One of my other favourites which is very useful for tribal fusion is Gypsy Jazz from the early 1930s, I have used them for a gig once, very danceable.

Last edited:

Amulya

I Heart Radio app, you download it and you can create any station you like, based on bands, artists or even song names. So you create a station based on let's say Beats Antique and they will play them but also related music styles. Some stations work better than others, I have one that just doesn't stay within it's genre because their computer doesn't know what to make of it. I created many stations, each with different music styles. It can get a bit repetitive over time, but then you just create a new one :)