music wants need help

Nebetmiw

Ok, I wish to expand my music library with more ME music. But I am after something specific here. I have a love for instrumental new age music. So I am looking for something close to this in egyptian music.

What I am after is music with no electronic instruments in it or orchestra either. No vocals at all. Something upbeat and not tinnie sounding. Some of the videos I have seen have a very high pitched tinnie sound to them. I have a love for flute and harp played with the basic ME drums but I have found very few songs like this. Any suggestions to look into would be greatly appriecated. Oh, this is something I would like for both BD and just listening too.

:dance:

Daimona

Ok, I wish to expand my music library with more ME music. But I am after something specific here. I have a love for instrumental new age music. So I am looking for something close to this in egyptian music.

What I am after is music with no electronic instruments in it or orchestra either. No vocals at all. Something upbeat and not tinnie sounding. Some of the videos I have seen have a very high pitched tinnie sound to them. I have a love for flute and harp played with the basic ME drums but I have found very few songs like this. Any suggestions to look into would be greatly appriecated. Oh, this is something I would like for both BD and just listening too.

I'm not sure if I get you right, but you are looking for upbeat Egyptian/ME instrumental non-orchestral music with no high pitched tinnie sound or electronic instruments?

It is a difficult task and I think a drum solo (tabla solo) is the only thing that in general will fulfill all those requirements.

Egyptian folk music often have instruments that produce this high-pitched tone produced (probably by the instrument "mizmar") that you don't want.
Music with the flutes kawala, nay/ney and/or kanoun/sither could also be of interest for you, but none of the examples I've found are up-tempo. Then there are the takht ensembles (small orchestra, less than 7 people playing on traditional instruments), but I haven't really heard any real upbeat takht ensemble music yet. See YouTube - Djamila - Raks Sharki with Live Music - Bauchtanz Bellydance and YouTube - Kan Zaman Takht Ensemble: Tsunami Fundraiser

I'm not sure if this is helping you, though..

---------------
BTW, this is not an answer to the question above, but if you like instrumental and new age, you might like the double album "Arabic Chillout" or the triple album "Arabic Chillout" (yes, it's the same name but different albums).

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Qanoun taqsims, then? Or Qanoun and drum? Same with flute -- Kawala or Ney taqsims?

You'll probably have to pick and choose off different CDs.

Nebetmiw

I'm not sure if I get you right, but you are looking for upbeat Egyptian/ME instrumental non-orchestral music with no high pitched tinnie sound or electronic instruments?

It is a difficult task and I think a drum solo (tabla solo) is the only thing that in general will fulfill all those requirements.

Egyptian folk music often have instruments that produce this high-pitched tone produced (probably by the instrument "mizmar") that you don't want.
Music with the flutes kawala, nay/ney and/or kanoun/sither could also be of interest for you, but none of the examples I've found are up-tempo. Then there are the takht ensembles (small orchestra, less than 7 people playing on traditional instruments), but I haven't really heard any real upbeat takht ensemble music yet. See YouTube - Djamila - Raks Sharki with Live Music - Bauchtanz Bellydance and YouTube - Kan Zaman Takht Ensemble: Tsunami Fundraiser

I'm not sure if this is helping you, though..

---------------
BTW, this is not an answer to the question above, but if you like instrumental and new age, you might like the double album "Arabic Chillout" or the triple album "Arabic Chillout" (yes, it's the same name but different albums).

Thank you I shall look into those. I have a few CDs that are varied just want more native music that does not include non native instruments or metal instruments. I know some drum are metal made and ofcourse horns are. To me an orchestra music has alot of metal sounding instruments to it. Not sure that makes sense but I am thinking non native when I hear the word orchestra.

Last edited: