My very first costume ever!

gisela

Super Moderator
Fire Lily- I envy you. I do have a tummy and I do have issues with it. I chose of course a picture where it doesn't look so bad. I hope with all my heart that my issues will disappear in the future because it's annoying me like:mad: , but until then I have sewn a body stocking which I really like. It's almost invisible and it makes me stop worrying about the belly and just focus on enjoying the dance. I wish I could be as wise as you other guys, but this is working quite good for the moment. I performed in a restaurant this thursday and it was a big success!!! I enjoyed the dancing so much!

Fire Lily

My first costume ever

(Smiles)
I can completely understand where your coming from. Been there myself. And it is hard to get used to baring your stomach, when in today’s society all people seem to want to do is cover up.
Remember. Your beautiful the way you are, and eventually you will become comfortable with your body. Everyone’s different, and remember, when you dance you don’t have to show it. It’s not required. I’ve seen plenty dancers, and lots of them cover up. People are who they are. And they have issues seeing a dancer expose a little skin, then they’re in the wrong place.
So long as you have fun, that’s all that matters.
Glad to hear you had fun performing. It’s such an exhilaration isn’t it? Gets the blood pumping. People appreciate your skill, and some are even inspired by it.
I remember my first lesson like it was yesterday. Can’t believe six years have passed since I started.
Before I started bellydancing, I didn’t know what it was. I’d never even heard the term.
Then one chance day. My note taker (I’m visually impaired) at TAFE told me she was a dancer, This sparked my interest, considering my background in dance. I asked her what type, and she told me. From that moment, I think my entire life had changed. To cut a loooooog story short. I went to my first lesson. Yes, at first I didn’t think I could do it. But I stuck at it. And five years later??? Still doing it, and haven’t looked back.
I’m now even considering getting my own studio and teaching.
So look on the bright side. You’ve got nothing to loose, and everything to gain. And full support from me.
Happy dancing

Cheers

Fire Lily

P.S Had to post this reply the hard way. My server wouldn't let me log in for some reason so i had to reboot everything. (Mutters to self)...telling me I don't have permission to access my account.....:rolleyes:

Venefica

That is a beautiful dress, and your body in it is wonderful. If I had a belly like that i would never cover it up. I would wander around in cold old Norway and freese my **** of in a bare belly. ;) You look wonderful OP.