Nath Keo workshops- which would you pick?

onela

Hay so Nath Keo is coming to Halifax in April! He's giving 3 different 3-hour workshops over the weekend (see below). The deal for all 3 is pretty good but frankly I can't afford all 3 (I'd rather do 2 and go to the hafla, and the hafla's a drop in the bucket). Which two would be your priorities and why? I think I know which ones I want to take, but I'd like to see the "why's" for what others would pick to see how my "why's" stack up.

the Sacred Centre Method (all levels)

Learn the secrets of Nath Keo's revolutionary Sacred Centre Method. Combining elements of bellydance, cambodian classical and folk dances as well as other North African dance movements. This workshop is designed to suit dancers in any style, age and fitness level. Focus is on Balance, Grace, and Form. (no choreography. Can be designed to suit a 2, 3 or 4 hour workshop)

Dum Tekka (intermediate/advanced)

Learn the art of bellydance drum solos. Isolations, hip accents, phrasing, pops & locks. (short drum solo choreography optional for workshops 3 hours in length or more)

Orientale Bliss (intermediate/advanced)

Egyptian oriental style technique and phrasing. Learn to interpret egyptian music and dance, recognise patterns, and essential movements that characterises this dance style. (choreography optional for workshops 3 hours in length or more)

BigJim

If you've been dancing for awhile probably the 2 that are for intermediate/advanced level... however.... whatever workshop Nath Keo teaches you are going to learn alot and have fun doing it... he's been to Regina a couple of times and the dancers there can't wait for him to come back.

onela

If you've been dancing for awhile probably the 2 that are for intermediate/advanced level... however.... whatever workshop Nath Keo teaches you are going to learn alot and have fun doing it... he's been to Regina a couple of times and the dancers there can't wait for him to come back.

Thanks! I was just watching some videos of Nath on youtube and becoming increasingly excited that he's coming, I hadn't heard of him being still a relative noob to belly dance like I am, but the more I see the more I like!

SidraK

I'm with Jim. Definitely take the intermediate/advanced sessions. Nath has an interesting approach to dance and teaching due to his background (he was trained from childhood in classical Cambodian dance and got involved in belly dance after his family immigrated to Canada in his teens), but he incorporates it well into his workshop sessions and choreography instruction. I don't see a particular need for an intermediate or higher level dancer to immerse herself in his instructional technique unless you have specific weak areas you'd like to work on.