Need costume help (I'm new to belly dancing)

Nena

I've got my first belly dancing performance coming up soon and I need help with a costume. I have two hip scarves, one is teal with gold coins and the other is purple with silver coins. I ordered a black broomstick skirt, but I need ideas for a top. I'm still a little self conscious about showing my belly, so I want something that covers more than the bra tops. Any tips would be great!

Yshka

Dear Nena,

hi and welcome! :) As you say you are new to bellydancing I assume you're dancing with your fellow students? It might be a good idea to see what the others are wearing or ask your teacher what she might think is best for the show.

Otherwise a choli or a tank top with a tie-top over it might work. YOu could coordinate the colours to go with the hipscarf. Good luck!

Reen.Blom

I would wear a colour coordinated top(prolly to match the skirt) that is comphy to move in, it should cover enough for you to feel comfy!

Or for example you could wear a black (to match skirt) top say that covers your tummy and/or arms (or a body stocking, they come in different colours, or a leotard) and say a choli top (maybe the one that ties under bust) it can have long or shorter sleeves and match your hip scarf.

very important to feel comfortable, so if you dont feel like baring your stomack or arms, you dont have to do it!!