New/Kind of New from Florida.

NewDancer77

Hi Ladies & Gentleman,

My name is Geoff & I'm kind of new but not new to belly dancing. My Mom who has really been my fitness partner since I was probably 5 (We both LOVE exercise videos!) has been belly dancing for a good 10 to 15 years. For YEARS she tried to get me into belly dancing but I never had an interest. I'm not going to lie, I had a lot of what I'm assuming are common miss-conceptions about it. I thought it was a different form of stripping, overly flaunting sexuality, and so on. And obviously I had ABSOLTLY no interest in doing it let alone seeing her doing it.

About two months ago I got some DVD's off of ebay and one of them was Kathy Smith's Belly Dancing video Flex Appeal. Out of pure curiosity I decided too look at it and it kind of changed my perception of belly dancing a bit. I started looking at it more and looking a videos on youtube. And while I think it is a bit sexual, but in a tasteful way, I began to like it and asked my Mom to teach me a bit. Trust me when I asked her she just about dropped the phone!!! She started teaching me and I began watching her perform and also gained a new appreciation for belly dancing and her talent.

She and I do belly dancing once if not twice a week, and I'm still VERY new but I'm really LOVING it!I Love the movement and the freedom, I also like that I'm getting more in touch with my feminine side, and for lack of a better term my inner woman. However, some of the music I can do with out (LOL!!)

Thanks,

Geoff

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Welcome aboard! What part of Fl are you in? I'm moving to the Space Coast next year.

Shanazel

Super Moderator
Welcome, Geoff. Congratulations on your raised consciousness. ;)

You're leaving California, Zorba?