New pics-double wings!

Maya Raschad

I tried something new! 2 pairs of wings. I liked the effect,but it was a fight with the wind! Ican't even rehearse this routine, my studio ceiling is too low, so it's pretty well 'danced to the wind' so to speak!
I used Alf Leyla ,Wa Leyla by the Cairo Orchestra for this one, I love these Old Traditional pieces. What about all of you beauties,? Are you getting tired of the very modern Arabic 'pop' music that seems to be used so much?
I like some of it, but not for a whole show.

Hi Maya Raschad, Congratulations on your Double Wing performance!
I agree with you that some of the Modern Arabic pop, I like it but it reminds to much of the music I already listen to. some of the lder "classical" songs with real instruments can really inspire a dancer.
Yasmine

Feria

Absolutely beautiful

I own a pair of gold wings - but I've never thought about doubling them. Thank you for the pics - you enlightened me! :D I too have low ceilings - so it's pretty challenging, I know. And I agree with the pop music as well - after awhile it's so redundant that it becomes boring.

Double Wings

Ayshe of New York suggests doubling the Wings for added effect. She describes and models double wings on her instructional video. It seems, many dancers are doubling all of the props from veils to swords and canes to wings. When done well it can highlight the skill of the dancer who specializes in fusion styles.
Yasmine

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I find wings to be heartbreakingly beautiful - and your choice of colors for double wings is fantastic.

I too have a heck of a time finding space that's big/high enough to practice or perform - especially since I'm 6 feet tall! :confused:

Ditto about Ayshe.

Maya Raschad

Thanks, Zorba! Anyone over 5 feet tall has the same problem.It's either the back yard or the parking lot, but NOT on a windy day! What about some pics. of you -with wings?

Ranya

hi
I looooooove Isis wings though usually I am not very into fusion stuff. I saw once amar gamal double her wings but she put one pair in front and the other the normal way round and it looked STUNNING

Venefica

The pictures are stunningly beautiful. But how do you manage to cordinate four wery big pises of cloth at the same time. Seam asmasing to me that can not even cordinate my own feet properly. ;)

Yshka

Those pictures look lovely Maya Raschad!! I can't add anything more than to agree with the others that they simply look fabulous on you, very nice choice of colours also!!:cool: