New Years Cyber party! All invited

Aisha Azar

Snow

Dear Nightdancer,
There is some snow left where I am, and we are expecting more starting tomorrow. I am willing to share under these dire circumstances!!
Regards and Happy New Year,
A'isha

nightdancer

I soooo miss Spokane for that. One of the years we lived there, it gave us a real dump, it was awesome. To date, in VA, we have had 8 flakes and a promise that was not fulfilled.

Aisha Azar

Dance, etc.

Dear Nightdancer,
Such a small world. When did you live here? Ricodancer has lived here, too. I am sometimes amazed at the people who have lived here. Including me.... it was an accident... my husband made me move here!!! But, over the years I have grown to love my house and my friends here. The govt and various churches have used the town to dump off refugees, so the popilation is intersting and I live in thevery best part of town. (We refer to it as "Upper ghetto")
Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

:lol:My taste in men runs more to a few weathered lines in the face and gray in the hair, not to mention the ability to fix my car, but I'm here for you, ladies! When you are done with your snow showers, I'll make you some hot chocolate to stave off pneumonia.

nightdancer

I lived there in 01-02, and then 03-04. If you take the Pines rd exit, and take a left, there is a brick apartment complex on the right hand side past the hospital, across the street from one called "The Cheerful Pig" or something. Thats where we lived the first time. The second time, that grey apartment complex that is on top of the hill, as you are taking the Pines exit as well (we liked the valley), you can see their playground right by Splashdown, that was the second time. I liked Spokane, it's a nice city. I miss miss miss the Centennial Trail. Great biking :) You live on the South Hill, I take it? I have to admit, I dont miss the continued streets on it, lol.

Aisha Azar

Spokane, etc.

Dear Nightdancer,
What brought you here? It is a nice enough place to live, I guess, but having moved here from California (Ventura County and Marin), and before that living in Madison, Wisconsin, which is a very sophisticated place, believe it or not.... I felt like someone dropped me in the middle of a culture free environment!! But, I did manage to find my way around after awhile. I live actually below South Hill on 12th and Perry. Things start looking up financially about 5 blocks higher than me. I live in the most ethnically diverse part of Spokane... or perhaps I should say I live in THE ethnically diverse part of Spokane!
Regards,
A'isha

nightdancer

We moved the two times for Ol' Whatsisname's job. We left there for him to finish out his degree, then went back after he graduated. You do live in the ethnically diverse part, lol. Though there is a fairly large hispanic population out in the valley. It was so weird, yesterday, we were coming back from Richmond, and there is one section that looks exactly like the part of I90 right before Maple Street Bridge. What's funnier is that right on that section is a part of the Virginia Medical Complex, right where Deaconess should be. It made us laugh.

Shanazel

So, Kutie, what makes you think the cyber party is over? We're just warming up for the next big holiday- like my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow, for example, and what about Imbolc coming up before you know it? Can't lose momentum!

Aisha Azar

Party

Dear Gang,
On 12th Night (Epiphany, Jan. 6th), my dance company and I officially ended the Christmas season with our annual party. It was great fun. I left the tree up for the occasion and kept the house decorated in the Season theme, etc. We had a great time, eating our potluck offerings, drinking some nice wines, exchanging gifts and watching dance videos.
Then yesterday, I had to face facts and put all the Christmas stuff away. It took me all damn day, but now my house looks back to normal, pretty much. I always take a few boughs from the Christmas tree and use whatever other greenery I used in decorating, and make a swag for the front porch so it does not look so very sad after putting the Christmas wreath away. Right now there's fir, pine, cedar,holly and Juniper and dried eucalyptus out there. (Martha Stewart, eat your heart out!!) I adore Christmas and its a way to keep it in my heart a little longer!!
Regards,
A'isha