Oklahoma Festival of the Arts!

Farasha Hanem

Tomorrow, our troupe is performing at the Oklahoma Festival of the Arts! :D I'm really excited, and nervous. I'll be dancing for the first time with my new Cas Hanwei. :confused: I hope I don't kill myself or anyone else! :pray: :lol:

Here's a link to the interview two of my teachers and a few of the other girls in the troupe did on April 20th. If the link takes you to the home page, click on "Programs," then April 20, and you can watch the interview. I'm not in it, because I don't want to be on T.V. (my preacher doesn't know I bellydance :confused: ). They do a performance and talk for a bit, then do another number at about the last five minutes of the show, if you want to skip ahead:

OklaVision

More to come! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
How exciting, I am sure you will all do really well and remember just have fun:D

You know your preacher probably would not be at all worried about you bellydancing, have you ever asked him what does he think of things like bellydancing as a"hobby". He may even see your performance at the festival or other church people.

Believe in yourself you know that there is no harm in dancing, teach those who frown if they do.

Here is the direct link to the interview
http://okv.cms.brandednews.com/assets/podcasts/podcast_042010_OKV-Vidpod.mov
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Oh, thank you, Mosaic! I appreciate your posting the direct link for me. *hugs!* :) Right now, I'm uploading an album on Facebook; I'll try and copy it to my profile here (and maybe post a couple of pics in this thread. Later, I'll work on putting together my vids from my phone and camcorder so I can post another installment of my bellydance vlog---it's been a long time since I've added anything to it. Brb... :D

Farasha Hanem

Sorry for the double-post; here's a couple of pics from the arts festival today:

We had soooo much fun today, in spite of the wind, and the rain that made our stage wet and slippery for the sword number! :D It was heaven---I wanna do it again! :dance:

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Oops, sorry, let me go back into that post and try to make them bigger...

Fie on Photobucket! :mad: I'll try Flickr...

*slaps forehead* Oh, d'urrrrrrrrr... I should have thought to go into my album in my profile in the first place! :rolleyes:

Can you see me now, Mosaic? :D

Here's one more (you can see the rest in my album on my profile):

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Yes I can see you:D In the photos it looks like a lovely day, but weather can be awfully fickle. Great photos. You sure can handle the sword well now:clap: You all look happy and lovely congrats! So glad everything went so well for you.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Thank you, Mosaic! :D

Oklahoma weather can be fickle. :rolleyes: It started out cold and windy, then the sun did come out for a bit and for a while, it was humid. Then in the middle of our skirt dance, rain just came out of nowhere! What was really funny was that the moment the rain hit, we saw the audience scatter for shelter like a bunch of cats that had a bucket of water thrown on them! :lol: What was even funnier was that from underneath one of the trees, one of the audience members yelled, "KEEP DANCING!!" :lol: :dance:

The rain fortunately didn't last long, but it was enough to wet the entire surface of the stage, making it slippery. That was really fun for the sword number! One of our dancers ended up having to roll in a puddle of water in her nice costume, but she was a real trooper. My hat's off to her professionalism. :clap:

So yeah, as far as the weather went, we had it all that day! Strong winds that made our veils misbehave, heat that could melt the most powerful hairdo, and rain that made doing floorwork with swords precarious. In the words of Miss Rachel Brice, "It was freakin' heaven!" XD

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Thank you, Mosaic! :D

Oklahoma weather can be fickle. :rolleyes: It started out cold and windy, then the sun did come out for a bit and for a while, it was humid. Then in the middle of our skirt dance, rain just came out of nowhere! What was really funny was that the moment the rain hit, we saw the audience scatter for shelter like a bunch of cats that had a bucket of water thrown on them! :lol: What was even funnier was that from underneath one of the trees, one of the audience members yelled, "KEEP DANCING!!" :lol: :dance:

The rain fortunately didn't last long, but it was enough to wet the entire surface of the stage, making it slippery. That was really fun for the sword number! One of our dancers ended up having to roll in a puddle of water in her nice costume, but she was a real trooper. My hat's off to her professionalism. :clap:

So yeah, as far as the weather went, we had it all that day! Strong winds that made our veils misbehave, heat that could melt the most powerful hairdo, and rain that made doing floorwork with swords precarious. In the words of Miss Rachel Brice, "It was freakin' heaven!" XD

Eeeek sounds decidedly dangerous slippery stage with swords, I am so glad no one got hurt. As for having to roll in a puddle, yikes! 150% well done to all of you. :clap:
~Mosaic