"Oriental Soul Show" Athens, 6 March 2007

Maria_Aya

Hi there !!!!

Freaking out, as its just 4 days till our Show in Athens (and meantime I have to go to Crete for a workshop on the weekend) so phew I'm announcing it now !!!

On 6th March 2007 and 20.00 we will be honnored to have you as guests to the "Oriental Soul Show"

The location is the theatre "Melina Merkouri" and I'm so happy to have with me beside my students also our very own Chryssanthi Sahar coming from Germany for the show and her workshops, Malek coming from Crete and Andreya of Cairo !!!

The philosophy of the show is to indicate how 3 different nations, Greeks - Turks and Arabs sharing a long certuries history with up and downs, still share the same music and dance forms. Its gonna be a game with songs that exist in greek-turkish and arabic !!!

Group choreos and solos 20 parts in total.

Dancers:
Chryssanthi Sahar, Andreya of Cairo, Malek, Ira, Dimitra, Evgenia, Roza, Eirini, Evi, Melina, and me !!! lol

Types of dance:
Classic Raqs Sharqi, Baladi, Saidi, Sa'abi, Pop Baladi, Khalegee, Tanura !!!, Tahteb, Melaya leyf, Ghawazee, Golden Era style, Turkish Style, Old Greek Chifteteli Style, Sword, Fantasy !!!

If I'm freaked? yes I have pains in chest also !!!
We are working from September for the choreo's and the solos !!!

Till yesterday i was so anxious running up and down, that didnt wanted to mention it more, but today things like ok, all flyers, programms, posters etc are printed and correct !!! and also finaly the tabla players called me to comfirm !!!

So just wish us good luck, and we will come back with photos (we will have 2 photographers, and 2 camera video so hopefully we will make a good DVD also)

Phew!!! and dont tell me to break a leg, I think that last night after 7 hours rehearshing I broke my toe :shok:

Maria Aya, FREAKING !!!!

Last edited:

Safran

Maria, you've already managed to impress us with all the things you manage to do and accomplish at the same time, so I am sure the show will go just fine. Sounds like it will be a wonderful event, such a shame Athens is too far from me :(

But, I won't tell you to break a leg... Teach me how to say "good luck" in Greek instead :)

Safran

Καλή τύχη then :D

I actually had it in the back of my head but had no dictionary around to check just in case...

Suhad

Maria, when do you sleep?? I am beginning to think that unlike the rest of us mere mortals, you DON'T. :D

Are you going to be doing a video of this show?

Last edited:

KuteNurse

Maria,

What an great time for all!!!! I wish I could attend to see all the fun! (Stranded in Blizzard conditions until Sunday, then back to work.) It sounds like you have worked very hard to make this enjoyed by all. Now you should sit back, now that the work is done, and enjoy what you have accomplished. I will be excited to hear about turnout and to see the photos. Have a great time!

chryssanthi sahar

Types of dance:
Classic Raqs Sharqi, Baladi, Saidi, Sa'abi, Pop Baladi, Khalegee, Tanura !!!, Tahteb, Melaya leyf, Ghawazee, Golden Era style, Turkish Style, Old Greek Chifteteli Style, Sword, Fantasy !!!

Maraki, you forgot Tsifteteli Oriental (modern Tsifteteli), which I will perform next to Raqs Sharqi;)

Last edited by a moderator:

janaki

WOW!! You got it all for variety!! Have a great show Maria Aya, Chryssanthi Sahar and all other dancers!!!

Love
Janaki

Viv

I'll tell you what I tell any dancer before they perform....

MAKE MAGIC!!!!

I know you, your students and guest performers will amaze everyone!