Pattern

Alaya

I think someone allready have posted that in here. I like it but I do not see myself in it. Do you like it?
Alaya

Shanazel

Super Moderator
I have the pattern but have not made it, and actually don't intend to do so. I just like collecting patterns (when you can get them on sale for 99 cents, it is sure a cheaper hobby than collecting Beleek china, for example). One of my students did use the pattern for the crop top without sleeves. It looks okay, but I suspect the sleeved pattern is impossible to dance in because it lacks gussets under the arms to allow for freedom of movement. It would likely pull up every time you raised your arms.

Violeetsidhe

yeah i like the pattern i've made the skirt which works well and I see Shanazel point about the top i thought that when i saw the pattern i might talk to a friend and see if she can alter it.. It would make a good pattern for the ballet my dance school is doing next year 'Aladdin' (yes i'm a ballet/modern jazz dancer who has fallen in love with belly dancing)

Last edited:

gwinity

I've read somewhere that the top on the bottom RHS of the picture is impossible to dance in, however it looks like it would be relatively easy to modify to allow extra movement. Leaving the seam under the arm open works really well (I've done it with another top) and/or make it in a fabric with a fair bit of give in it.

If you do make it, let us know how it goes!

Shanazel

Super Moderator
The one I got was 99 cents because the local fabric store has periodic sales on patterns- you're right, the usual pattern costs are much higher. Occasionally the store offers 75% off on Vogue patterns, but that is the best price those patterns ever get:(

My teacher and I used that pattern to make costumes for our troupe and for our daughters several years ago. It really does depend on your sewing skills and yor ability to make modifictios. The harem pants and circle skirt are good to use as it is really a basic pattern. But the girls outgrew it and we were tired of spending time sewing insted of dancing, so we buy their costumes now.
Yasmine