Performing in crappy weather!

CottonAnatomy

UGH! This weekend I performed at a local festival and HOLY CRAP it was soooo hot. We were sweating and gasping for air. We performed right in the sun. Even the pictures of us turned out foggy because of all the humidity. We were all sitting out and catching our breath for a song and jumping back in left and right. I've performed 4 times now and it's been the most difficult without question. And in the end we only ended up performing for maybe 12-15 people...:confused:

How do you guys deal with crappy weather like this? I'm still newer to performing and I just was not prepared for this at all!

Chani

Sounds terrible. I dance in Australia and we are often battling the heat. We have to wear waterproof makeup so it doesn't run with sweat. We always take still pics before dancing, before we are sweaty. We often have no other spot to wait to get on stage that isn't full sun. Some of us carry small battery operated fans which helps. I like to bring a cup of ice to hold and suck on the ice. I feel the audience is understanding that we are not as glamourous as we might be because they are all feeling the heat also.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I've never performed in super hot weather cause were I live it rarly gets above 25C in the summer. However i have performed in freezing cold weather many times. Wish i could recomend something for hot weather but I am clueless there.

Chani

Killer anti persperant helps. Generally, for health reasons, I don't use any product under my arms or if I do I'll use a natural salt rock deodorant but for performances I go the extra super duper BO-DO.

I also have a pretty Chinese sun umbrella that I carry for a bit of shade.

Bast

My first public performance ever was at night, on an outdoor stage in freezing cold weather and blowing a gale. The worst part was, it was veil all the way through. Our teacher said professionals would have refused to perform in conditions that windy but we just had to suck it up!
I just viewed it in a positive light...at least I could blame the wind for any mistakes :cool:

Daimona

I've never performed in super hot weather cause were I live it rarly gets above 25C in the summer. However i have performed in freezing cold weather many times. Wish i could recomend something for hot weather but I am clueless there.

Cheart: Yeah! We need to dance to keep warm. ;)
My coldest outdoor dance performance experience so far was a chilly day in December, 5 C and rain...

Unfortunately, I'm not used to really hot weather, but I would be sure I had enough to drink while I was there - and had a soothing coverup in a light colored fabric between my performances/dances. I'd probably also bring a small towel to pamper my face and body and an umbrella for a tiny shade. Like Chani says, a small battery operated fan is also a good idea.