Saida and Mario Kirlis 2 DVD Learn Bellydance set -- ?

Ludmilla

Hi -- Does anyone know a current seller or place to buy this DVD set? On Musimundo/Argentina it's $19.97 US, when it's available... but they don't have it (and haven't for some time, I've been checking the site)-- (am not an ebay user so that does not work for me although I guess if it's a last resort might be able to)....but isn't there somewhere else to get this?
Also, I've heard such great things about this DVD set but thought I'd ask if any of you have actually seen it?? (Perhaps it's not all I think it is - I love Saida but DVD's don't always live up to the great ability of the dancer....) So if anyone has information, I'd really appreciate it!!! Ludmilla

Maria_Aya

A student of mine gave it to me, she was at mexico and got it !!!!
It is a very well done job, ofcourse keep in mind Saida's style, which is a mix of good arabic with some latin influence.
She speaks in spanish, explaining etc, (I was surprised that my spanish was good enought to understand lol).

You can check a sample of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHHOzl7yXU
She explains the baladi rythm and some movements that go with it.

Maria Aya :)

Ludmilla

Thank you so much, Maria --- This clip says it all, and yes, the DVD is certainly excellent-looking. (Some versions have subtitles in English, but from this clip, I see I'd prefer just to have it either way. And I can understand enough of it to get by, it seems.)
I must double my efforts to get this, and Mexico is a good idea - another place to look (and closer than S. America, so thanks for telling me!)
Maria, by the way, based on your great comments about it, I also got the Serena Ramzy DVD - Visual Melodies some months ago and now it is one of my favorite DVD's too!! (I see I admire your taste.) ALong w/ these two, might I take the liberty to ask: Do you have any other favorite performance DVD's, since those you mention, I like so well? Many greetings, Ludmilla