Salamat Ya Om Hassan

artemisiadances

ok, we have the literal translation now, but can someone explain the interpretation? what is it about? is there any second layer? i heard somewhere that's it political and about the state of egypt as a country?

others?

candi

loads of dancers dance to it- its a great song. anyway the political message in it is not particulary contraversial It's not like the "I hate Isreal" song

masrawy

colorful Balady style

No linguistic or political value will come out of Ahmed Adawiya mouth ... having said that his songs are colorful Balady style if you like the tune just dance to it. Sorry to disappoint his fans .... ;)

Aisha Azar

Ahmed Adawqiya

No linguistic or political value will come out of Ahmed Adawiya mouth ... having said that his songs are colorful Balady style if you like the tune just dance to it. Sorry to disappoint his fans .... ;)

Dear Mahmoud,
I wonder if he is even still alive considering, or if he is.... where he is....???
Regards,
A'isha

candi

Dear Mahmoud,
I wonder if he is even still alive considering, or if he is.... where he is....???
Regards,
A'isha
Well he was 6 months ago because I saw him. He sang Bint el sultan at Dina's show. He was in the audience and was asked up on stage. he didn't look in great shape but he sang well.

masrawy

Dear Mahmoud,
Regards,
A'isha

Dear A'isha,

I really don't know his condition now, but he almost die when I was living in Egypt. As we say they put him back together with " Tefafa " at the time. ;)

as this revelation about this song as a political song, I would assume it came to him under the influence of ...

Best Regards~Mahmoud

PS : Tefafa = spit

Tarik Sultan

He's alive but in very poor health. I'm not sure if the popular story is true or not, but from reliable sources, he did od on cocain and has had a stroke, which is why he looks the way he does and is in such a poor state.

artemisiadances

well, there's plenty of drugged/coked/boozed up western singers as well, whose music we like but who sadly thorugh their life style left this planet too early or are lileky to do so....from jim morrison to amy winehouse...

sad, so very very sad,

though usually not something that matters to me when deciding what songs/music i like/dont like ;-). sometimes horrible to see the state they are in on the telly though.

Aisha Azar

Adawiyah

Dear Mahmoud and Candi,
Thanks for the update on Ahmed Adawiyah. Actually, I never did like his music that much. In the 80s there were some pretty horrendous stories being passed around about him especially from out of the Gulf. Since I do not know if they are true or false, let's just say he was the subject of much conjecture back then.
Regards,
A'isha

Phoebedances

The version of Salamat by Samir Sorour (jazzy musical composition) Is it from this song, or is it a completely different tune? I've done a cane dance to a folkloric version (music, no lyrics) of Salamat too, and watched the video that Artemesia had with Salamat and I can hear the connection between the folkloric version I have and the Samir Sorour version, but the one in the Artemesia clip seems very different song to me.

The translation of the lyrics is very different than I imagined it would be if it is the same.

masrawy

Dear Mahmoud and Candi,
Thanks for the update on Ahmed Adawiyah. Actually, I never did like his music that much. In the 80s there were some pretty horrendous stories being passed around about him especially from out of the Gulf. Since I do not know if they are true or false, let's just say he was the subject of much conjecture back then.
Regards,
A'isha

Dear A'isha,

Back then, I absolutely didn't like the guy most probably a bit of a snobbery from my part I have to admit. Later on, I learned to accept his style and look what we have now " Sha'aban Abdel Hamed " ... Adawiyah is a whole lot above that in comparison.

But making this song as a political ... in his dreams.
El Shikh Emam come to mind as political, and many others but not Adawiyah.

Best regards.~Mahmoud

gypsy8522

Dear A'isha,

Back then, I absolutely didn't like the guy most probably a bit of a snobbery from my part I have to admit. Later on, I learned to accept his style and look what we have now " Sha'aban Abdel Hamed " ... Adawiyah is a whole lot above that in comparison.

But making this song as a political ... in his dreams.
El Shikh Emam come to mind as political, and many others but not Adawiyah.

Best regards.~Mahmoud

:lol:

I think you mean Sha'aban Abdel Rehim! But it doesn't matter anyway. :lol:

masrawy

ana bakrah israel

:lol:

I think you mean Sha'aban Abdel Rehim! But it doesn't matter anyway. :lol:

Yes and yes I would think this " macwagey " will make mistake in his own name too. :lol:
Thank You for the correction... hopefully he has no fan here since his politically but comedy " ana bakrah israel " :shok: did I get this one right ?