Scripts on Site

Kashmir

I've often thought the site is a little less responsive than I'd expect for teh content - but then thought it is probably te database access. However, either today my browser (IE8) came up with a warning that the site is running a script that was taking up a lot of my CPU - in fact it warned something like continuing this script could cause you PC to become unresponsive. I shut everything down so got no more information.

What could this be?

Kashmir

Five million lines of code!! No wonder sometimes it's slow. Hopefully it means there is no real problem - other than poor coding.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
IE9 apparenly fixed the coding problem that Ie8 has. IE tends to require much more code to load pages that firefox and chrome do. However I find that IE8 and 9 both run slow on my computer but firefox and chrome as super fast loading at both start up and when in use.

Now this could also depend on what type of antivirus program you are running as well. Some are highly integrated with IE and install a lot of programs and files that constantly run when you are using IE which drags everything down.