skirt pinching how to remedy/alter?

rsps

Ok, I just got my first fitted single split skirt. It is nice, but it has elastic in the waist band and would only not pinch me if I had zero fat. It kind of accentuates my chunk.

How can I ask the seamstress to alter it, yet still have it not fall off me in the middle of a performance? Is there a way you deal with this?

Jane

Ok, I just got my first fitted single split skirt. It is nice, but it has elastic in the waist band and would only not pinch me if I had zero fat. It kind of accentuates my chunk.

How can I ask the seamstress to alter it, yet still have it not fall off me in the middle of a performance? Is there a way you deal with this?

Take the old elastic out and put in a longer piece.

rsps

Take the old elastic out and put in a longer piece.

Ok, well that just made me feel like a big dumby. I was thinking (that since I didn't see any 'pinching' on even some of the more curvy bellydancers) there must be another method of doing it. Huh...keep it simple.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
yup that is all that it is. Remove the elastic and put one in that fits you. I've done it for all my skirts.

Jane

Ok, well that just made me feel like a big dumby. I was thinking (that since I didn't see any 'pinching' on even some of the more curvy bellydancers) there must be another method of doing it. Huh...keep it simple.

If replacing the elastic doesn't solve the problem, we can revisit it. Use non-roll elastic if you can find some that will fit in the waist casing. Most fabric stores will carry it.

No worries ;) I sew a lot of odd things and I sometimes over think stuff too.