Skype stitch & bitch meeting?

Amulya

I am still not able to read the first posts on each page. So not sure if there is an important post at the top of this page. Maybe we can do a PM where we put all our usernames in? I used to get messages from total strangers in Skype so I rather not put mine in this thread.

Bast

I haven't skyped for years! i'll dig around see if I can re-install it and find my old username. This would be the perfect motivation to get going on a project that's been in my cupboard for over a year :D

The last time I used skype, it was only possible to have video in a single convo. Group convos were audio only.

I used to host sometimes, but we found the Americans to be more stable hosts (purely from a technological view :p)

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Oh I missed this. I would have loved to be part of it. Havn't used skype in a couple of months.

As for others questions:

Yes you can have multiple people in a chat. Someone who starts the calls has to have all teh contacts on their account and add them. You can have up to a max of 20 people in a regular chat I believe. There is also another way to do a skype chat for more than that but it is more difficult to arrange and the quality drops horribly.

Ariadne

I am still not able to read the first posts on each page. So not sure if there is an important post at the top of this page. Maybe we can do a PM where we put all our usernames in? I used to get messages from total strangers in Skype so I rather not put mine in this thread.
Darshiva said she would host it so just PM your userid to her.

I've managed to get it working on my computer, I think, but I still need to make my own account and then test to see if the sound is actually working.

Darshiva

I have the following people on my contacts list. If you know you're in contact with me on skype & don't see your name here, send me a message on skype and I'll notice. If you don't see your name here and you want it to be, PM ME WITH YOUR SKYPE CONTACT DETAILS. I'm awesome but I'm not up to the task of working miracles!

Amulya
Farasha
Daimona
Walladah

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have to look up my user name it is yonks since I used Skype because we have VOIP phone & I also use whatsapp on my phone. I also don't stitch but can bitch effectively :lol:
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Wohoo, I've already met Darshiva on skype and seen her house and the cookiecutters :lol: Very cool! The sound was a bit scratchy but I think I got most of it. I was a bit quiet as I was afraid of waking my boyfriend (It's nighttime here).

This is fun!

Darshiva

Thanks gisela for helping me test out the skype video capabilities of my new net connection. I think I might need to use the quieter heater for the skype & stitch so that shouldn't be so much of a problem. Unfortunately, the microphone I used to use died a few months back & we have been unable to find a replacement, so the sound quality issue will remain until we can afford a new one.

Darshiva

Okay, I'm going to be unavailable over the weekend, so I'll bring the roll call to a close on Monday/Tuesday (Tuesday for me). At that point I'm going to give a link to a world time clock thingy and get everyone to pm me when they are available in MY TIME ZONE. This is so that I don't have to brain too much. When we have an idea of when everyone will be available next week, I'll pm everyone involved with the time & date in THEIR OWN TIME ZONE (so you don't have to brain too much, it's only fair!) for the skype session. From there it is up to us to be online at the appropriate time and accept the invite to conference call.

I am not sure if people are going to be booted from the call if they are unable to accept video whilst others are on video. I will test this out during the next few days when I see two or more of you online.

So, if you want to be involved in this, you have six days to get your skype sorted out and to notify me. Happy shimmies everyone!

Ariadne

Alright, I think I have it working. If anyone else is having compatibility issues with their mic or video it turns out I had to uninstall the latest Skype version and install the older Skype 5.10.0.116 instead.

walladah

THat sounds fine! Next week will be ok! however, i have no camera, then i can receive but not send video, only sound! is that ok?

Kozmique

This sounds like fun! I know we have Skype on the house computer, but I have not used it in years. I'll send a PM once I figure it out :D

Shanazel

Super Moderator
I'm signed up but never have actually used the system. :confused: Anyone volunteer to allow me to experiment on them? Farasha?