Skype stitch & bitch meeting?

Darshiva

Moderator note: Posts copied/moved from "you know you are a bellydancer when" to make a separate thread.

*post snipped by mod*

I am jonesing for a good stitch & bitch. Anyone want to join me? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I did. But I've been in the process of moving for nearly 6 months now. I am jonesing for a good stitch & bitch. Anyone want to join me? ;)
I'm always up for a good stitch and bitch - but you're a little ways away!

Darshiva

I'll bake the cookies and everyone can pretend to eat them via skype.

I've got a kitty cookie cutter, but still no bellydancer. I need a bellydancer. Anyone know where to get one? :)

Shanazel

Oh, hell, yeah! I'd even be willing to set up Skype if I thought if we could do a worldwide stitch-in!

Ariadne

That would be fun but wouldn't the sewing machines be rather loud?

Anyone know where to get one? :)

Ever thought of making your own? All you have to do is use one of those side cutting can openers on an appropriately sized can and then get someone to cut the end off at around 2". 2 pairs of pliers and you're good to go.

Amulya

I made one once myself out of wood, but that's for those cookies that are not just a shape but also got a relief.

Haha yes machines are loud, so hand beading would have to be the rule haha.

Darshiva

I've got some costumes that need hand modification. Depending on when we get the internet connected, I could probably do this in a couple of weeks.

Ariadne

Ok, I have a lot of hand work of one kind or another that needs to be done. Depending on what time we do this I'm in.

Shanazel

Wednesday nights I teach. The third Tuesday night of the month I have a meeting. Other than that I think I can be there. I'll get skype setup this week. :D

Safran

This is such an awesome idea... If I can I will join you on Skype. I will leave the costume-making to the professionals, but there is plenty of yarn waiting to be knit.

Darshiva

I teach Thursday nights (wednesday to USians) and I'll be moving next week, so maybe in about a fortnight?

Shanazel

That would be good- time to prepare and figure out skype. I can manage to stay up as late as 3 am or get up as early as 9 am MDT but I'm basically incoherent during the six hours between those two times. ;)

Amulya

Does Skype offer multiple video chats or just audio chats. I still have a costume to finish but in the meantime I shrank and the bra has become useless :-( I don't feel like completely starting again! I got to try out if I could use mega padding to save the bra.

Darshiva

Oh, that reminds me. When you drop a few cup sizes unexpectedly, shoulder pads are your best friend. Just tack them in & away you go!