So . . .

AyaKara

I performed! Not only once, but twice :D

EDIT: Here is the video of last week's show! I'm on the right side, 2nd dancer :)

[video=youtube;PQwWH2Lucso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQwWH2Lucso[/video]

My teacher & I:

Me (& the source of my new avatar):

These were from the performance on April 6th. I'll try to get some pictures of the whole troupe as soon as I can, & get some pictures & videos up & post them here! Thank you to everyone whom has supported me, I hope you've all been well :dance:

Last edited:

Roxannya

I love your "I'm so happy I'm a dancer" smile. That is the joy you want to see. Congratulations on your performances.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Congratulations:dance::clap: - as others have said you are glowing, & look wonderful. I look forward to seeing your video.
~Mosaic

AyaKara

We performed at the Jade Restaurant in Queens & at our multicultural fest! There are 10-12 of us; each show had 8 (coincidentally). Although we're not an 'official' club, I think we're going to become one because people are starting to refer to us as our uni's Bellydance Troupe :lol:

What makes it better is that my dad thinks it's really awesome. Although he knew that BD is a cultural dance & not how society perceives it, he thought he'd be uncomfortable watching me & instead was really proud. :D

& now, to accompany various members of my family to BD classes to 'learn how to do what I did' :cool:

(yet I'm just a beginner :shok: )

Greek Bonfire

Congratulations! And I still have my first costume, although I've altered and embellished it a bit. Get ready to do many more - it's so addictive!

AyaKara

The video of last week's show is posted above! I'm excited & I love it overall, but man do my arms suck :lol:

AndreaSTL

... but man do my arms suck :lol:
Heck, I still say that! LOL

In all seriousness, though, good for you that you love it so much. There's nothing like stepping off stage and feeling excited and proud by what you just did. Is everyone as excited as you? I'm happy your teacher and group are accepting enough to have a male in your midst. I know women three times your age (thus supposedly more mature) who would be freaking out over that.

AyaKara

Maybe we should both invest in arm DVDs & workshops :lol:

Yeah! Although only three of us are going for class beyond the semester, everyone loves it & is awaiting Fall for more class + shows. & yeah! My teacher's always inviting guys but you know how they respond to that :rolleyes: luckily, we haven't had any instances of sexism or homophobia, so we're good! :D I don't know what the big deal is, but I guess it's just a product of the times (both my generation & of the women three times my age!).

Darshiva

That was really sweet.

And your arms are fine. Soft & strong with good lines. Keep practicing with them if you want to make them even better, of course, but nothing wrong with your arms right now.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Well done!:clap: You all look so happy Congrats. By the way your arms aren't too bad, it takes time to get everything moving right & we tend to never be satisfied. Just practice, you'll become happier with your progress each time you perform.
~Mosaic

AyaKara

Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it. I want to say, 'I'll try not to be so hard on myself next time', but critiquing oneself is how you get better :lol:

Yame, I actually wanted to ask you if you're on Sarah Skinner's Shimmy DVD. The resemblance between you & the woman on Sarah's right is uncanny! :lol: